fourteen.

it had been a few hours since yuna blew up on sora in front of everyone, and though she tried to believe taehyun when he told her it wasn't her fault, she couldn't help but feel like it was. she felt like it was all her fault.

despite school already being out for a few hours, she had yet to return home. taehyun had first taken her to a nearby ice cream shop, only for him to be the one who ate both their ice creams since food was the last thing on her mind. afterwards he had to go tutor someone, so he dropped her off at home; however, as soon as he was out of sight, sora set out on yet another walk.

coming upon the old park she and yuna used to play at, she smiled softly at the memories that resurfaced one by one.

"hi, i'm yuna!" the eccentric girl stuck her hand out to the timid girl who stood in front of her.

"i-i'm sora.."

"let's be friends from now on, okay?"

"i don't know very much korean," sora told her, hoping that yuna could understand her pronunciation.

"you," yuna pointed at her, "me," she then pointed at herself, before looping arms with her, "friends!"

-

"did you see that boy who moved in next to you? i heard he's mixed."

yuna and sora, now ten, had been friends for a good four years now. everyday since the first day they met, they would go to the park and hang out, while sora would pick up on more and more korean.

"oh, really?"

"yeah, just like you!"

sora only nodded, before resuming just swinging her legs back and forth again.

in the swing next to her, yuna continued thinking aloud, "what was his name again? hooning? huhning?"

"it's huening kai," a boy, who they hadn't noticed had walked up, told them.

yuna stopped swinging, her eyes going wide as she stared at him, "o-oh.."

"nice to meet you guys. i'm huening kai."

"i'm yuna.." she continued to stare at the foreign looking boy, not knowing what else to do.

kai nodded, before turning to sora, "and you are?"

sora continued swinging, not caring to really give him her full attention, "izumi sora."

"nice to meet you! we're neighbors, aren't we?"

sora shrugged, before replying with, "probably." but her apathetic attitude didn't seem to affect how excited he was.

"cool!"

sighing, sora continued walking down the street, her hands tucked in her uniform jacket's pockets. what she didn't realize was that she had walked to the very corner where she began to like kai.

if only she hadn't texted kai at the dinner table, if only she hadn't agreed to go on a walk with him, if only she hadn't been stupid enough to walk across the busy intersection, if only she hadn't fell for the boy her best friend loved first; these were the thoughts running through her head.

crouching down, sora wrapped her arms around her legs as she felt the hot tears roll down her cheeks again. this is all my fault.