twenty.

"here's your lunch, miss izumi."

sora smiled in thanks at the nurse, before letting her gaze point out of the window.

it had been like that for the last day or so. she would just sit there, staring out through the glass separated her from the outside. she didn't know how else to react, though.

how else would she? who would be in their right mind after being told they were going to die?

you have another option, though.

but did she really want to forget everything about kai? their memories, their friendship?

but yuna liked him first. it's only fair to her.

sora sighed again, leaning her head back onto her pillows. a few seconds later, a small knock was heard on her door.

"come in."

poking his head in, taehyun nervously smiled, his hand that wasn't on the door rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, "hey."

sora quickly sat up, "oh, taehyun.."

"yeah.. i just wanted to check on you." he stepped further into the room, sliding the door shut behind him. "are you doing any better?" he asked as he walked closer, taking the seat next to her bed.

"can i ask you something?" she suddenly asked, leaning forward a bit.

"of course."

"let's say i have a friend, who has to make a dire decision," she began, "she likes this guy, but her friend liked him first. and she found out there's a way to stop liking this guy, but if she goes through with it she'll forget him completely."

"ah, i see," taehyun found himself chuckling at her antics, his lips pressed together in a small smile.

"what should she do?"

"sora," he began, his eyes looking into her's, "it's hard to tell you what to do when i feel as invested as i do, but.."

sora rose a brow, "but?"

"but as an avid believer of following your heart, i'd tell you- your 'friend' to do exactly that. tell them to look within themselves and decide what's best."

the corners of sora's lips turned slightly downward, as she turned to look out the window again.

"i'm sure whatever they decide to do will be the right decision." sora only nodded, which let taehyun know that it'd probably be best to let her have some alone time. "i'll see you later, okay?"

he quietly left the room, and sora was alone all over again.

she sighed softly, her mind continuously weighing her options.

i think..

she sat up, pressing the button to page one of her nurses.

"miss izumi, is everything alright?"

sora nodded, her eyes pointed down at her lap. "yes.. but.."

"what is it?"

looking up at the nurse, sora smiled, though her eyes were a bit glazed over.

"i've decided i'll go through with the surgery."