twelve.

"oh, it's raining."

raising her eyebrows, sora looked from yedam to the rain that was falling on the other side of the door.

"it is."

"are you walking home again?" yedam asked, holding the door open for her.

sora nodded, "yeah.." she trailed off, her eyes warily taking in the heavy drops of water that fell in front of her. looking in her bag, she cursed lightly, "ah.. i didn't think it'd rain today."

"here," yedam held out his uniform jacket, "it's not as good as an umbrella, but if you rush home it should keep you somewhat dry."

she immediately waved her hands, her eyes wide as she shook her head, "no, you should wear it-"

"i have a ride home, and it's not even that cold. i'll just call you later and meet you to get it back."

realizing that he wasn't taking no for an answer, sora gently grabbed the jacket from his hands, "thanks, damie."

he smiled, but it fell when the sound of a car horn was heard, "oh, my mom's here. see you later, sora!"

she nodded, a small sigh escaping her lips as she watched him rush to the car. turning in the direction of her house, sora nodded. i can't let his nice gesture go to waste.

pulling the jacket over her head she then made a break for her street, and, in the process dodging as many puddles as she could.

-

CHOI YEONJUN

the haunted name on the journal stared back at her, reminding sora of all the pain yeonjun had been put through.

i had the nerve to think my situation was bad..

shaking her head, sora decided that maybe a walk would help clear her mind. as she was leaving her room, though, she didn't notice that her bedside phone had started ringing.

it had been fifteen minutes of sora just letting her feet take her where they may, and soon she found herself staring out at the view from the han river.

placing her hands on the railing, she let out a deep sigh as she watched the sun begin to set.

-

taehyun had been finishing up the last of his homework, but had been having a bit of trouble with his last problem. i could ask sora, he decided as he brought out his phone, only to realize that sora's phone was still broken, and she hadn't gotten a new one. just when he began to put his phone away, the device started to buzz.

"hello?"

"it's yedam. have you talked to sora at all? i called her home phone but she didn't pick up."

"no i haven't. why, what's up?"

"i lent her my uniform jacket since she didn't have an umbrella, and i kinda need it back before school tomorrow."

taehyun nodded, "ah, okay.. i can go to her house and get it for you if you want."

"thanks, man. just bring it up once you get back."

"mm," taehyun hummed, before hanging up the phone. pulling on his jacket, he then set out from his apartment, making it down the steps and out of the building in less than five minutes.

after a short walk from his neighborhood to her's, taehyun finally made it to her front door.

hearing a few knocks, sora's mom pulled the door open, "oh, taehyun. can i help you?"

"hi ma'am, is sora home?"

"sora went for a walk about twenty minutes ago. you might be able to catch her on this street since she should be heading back soon."

nodding, taehyun bowed at the woman, before making his way in the direction she pointed.

isn't this the road that lead's to one of the bridges over the han river?

a sudden feeling of panic began to overwhelm taehyun as his pace quickened.

sora wouldn't do that, right?

despite him trying to convince himself, taehyun only felt himself walking faster and faster until he broke into a full on sprint. though he was running as fast as his legs could take him, it had felt like ages before he finally reached the bridge.

and there, in front of him, stood sora, with both her hands on the railing.

"sora," he began with his hands on his hips, his chest rising and falling from how out of breath he was, "w-what are you doing here?"

staring back at him with widened eyes, sora slowly responded, "going for a walk..?"

"oh," he nodded, awkwardly scratching his neck, "uh, yedam needs his uniform jacket, so i, uh, came to get it for him."

nodding, sora walked past him to begin the walk back to her house. taehyun only watched as she walked away, a bit embarrassed he had assumed such a thing, but overall glad she was okay.

stopping to turn and look at him, sora asked, "aren't you coming?"

with a smile, taehyun nodded, "right behind you."