fifteen.

*trigger warning
- this chapter includes
   mentions of su*cide.
   if that makes you
   uncomfortable, i
   highly suggest skip-
   ping this chapter.

"this caller is currently not able to pick up the phone. leave a message or try again-"

taehyun hung up the phone, sighing as he ran a hand through his hair. that was his eighth call to sora's house, with no luck. deciding he'd try once more, he pressed the call button.

after three rings, someone had finally answered, "hello?"

"hello, this is kang taehyun, i was just wondering if sora was home?"

"oh, sora? she hasn't come home yet, actually."

instantly, taehyun felt himself begin to panic. stay calm, he told himself, before responding, "ah, okay. thank you, then." sora's mother hummed in response, before hanging up.

forgetting to even grab his jacket, taehyun ran out of his apartment into the cold night. just like the first time he had ran to the bridge, it felt like a lifetime even though he was running with everything in him.

please, he silently pleaded, please, sora. please don't do this.

-

staring out at the rushing water below her, sora breathed in the fresh air as the sounds of cars behind her faded.

i'm sorry.

in spite of wishing that wasn't all she had to say, it was. not another thought could come to mind as sora placed her hands on the railing of the bridge.

i'm sorry.

she slowly began to pull herself up, her eyes watering both from the cold winds that stung her cheeks and the fate she was facing.

i'm sorry.

now sitting on the railing, she realized the decision she now had to make. she just had to let go, and it would all be over. her pain, her suffering. it would all be gone. closing her eyes, she felt a single tear drop onto her cheek as she shakily reached up to wipe it away.

three.

she opened her eyes to look at the rushing water below her.

two.

she felt her grip on the metal begin to loosen.

one.

"sora!"

whipping her head around, she turned to see taehyun running towards her.

"sora, please don't do this!"

"i'm sorry."

it was as if everything was in slow motion; taehyun screaming and pleading for her to stop as her fingers released the only thing that was holding her up.

i'm sorry.

i'm sorry for giving up so soon.