Sleep

Korra walked home, thinking about how ignorant she was to the other women today.

        It was kinda funny how she was able to get over her anger so quickly though; in fact, she was usually hot headed when anyone seemed to insult or offend her in anyway, but she was just kinda confused when her anger had subsided for Asami so quickly.

    “Why was I so stupid!?” she said to herself as she facepalmed herself. “Puff” she blew her hair out of her face and strided home while she planned the rest of her paper for professor Tenzin.

LINE BREAK

    It was Monday, and Korra was really nervous about her paper.  She spent all night working on it; moreover, she felt like a zombie that day.  She wore her usual blue hoodie and jeans.

    “Hey, Tenzin,” she called, scratching the back of her head.  She swiftly put her paper in the pile and turned toward her professor.  “I worked really hard on it,” she pointed to the pile of the assignment.

    “I’m sure you did,” he gave a reassuring squeeze to her shoulder. Tenzin was kinda like a second dad, or a really close uncle to her. She smiled at him, feeling good about his response and returned to her seat.

    The rest of her classes went by in a flash with Tenzin talking about eastern arts of healing and fighting, and her other teachers talking about other stuff.  Korra made her way out of campus, heading to the cafe across the street to meet up with Mako and Bolin.

    “Hey, Korra,” both brothers called to her.  She looked their way, and Asami quickly move her head up to see her as well.

    “Hey guys,” she said as she sat down next to the other woman because there was no room on the other side.  She felt a bit awkward when their shoulders touched for a second, and quickly pulled back upon contact.  

    They ordered their beverages, everyone but Korra got a smoothie while she got coffee because she felt half asleep by now.

    “Korra,” Mako brought her back to half conscious.  “Did you hear? I’m most likely going to be able to fight on this weekend, thanks to Asami.” he pointed towards her in praise.

    “That’s great Mako,” she said taking the sip of her coffee.

They talked for about forty minutes, and  she was really tired now, and felt like leaving the crew to go home and take a long nap.  “I think I’m going to head out now,” she yawned.  Asami looked at her worried.

“I’ll take you home, Korra,” she said noticing how tired she was. “I have to meet up with some other classmates for an assignment anyways.”  Korra didn’t oppose, so the two women headed out the door.

    Seeing that Korra was really tired, Asami asked her where she lived, and decided to take a bus there instead.  She paid for both of them, and they took two seats in the middle of the bus.  They sat in silence waiting for the bus to take off. During this silence Asami looked at the bus’s stops and noticed the one next to Korra’s house was the last.  She was going to ask the other women if she wanted to walk instead because it was going to be quicker, but when she turned, Korra was sleeping.  She silently laughed and waited as the bus took off.

    When the bus took a sharp turn it moved Korra’s position, and she was now leaning on the other women, sleeping.  Asami felt really awkward. She looked at her and thought about how she was going to get Korra to her house because she didn’t want to wake the peaceful sleeping women. On the turn to her stop, Korra abruptly woke up, looking at Asami wide eyed.

    “Crap,” she said groggily scratching her head. When the bus came to her stop she thanked Asami quickly, turning her head to hide her flushed face of embarrassment.

    Finally inside her home, Korra threw her stuff on the ground and took a long nap.