Telling her

After the incident both girls left the locker room, and parted ways.  Korra went to trade off with Mako with the punching bag, and Asami went off by herself to run.  When they split Korra couldn’t help but feel a little empty. She liked sparring with the other woman, and it was really fun.

    Korra often stared off while punching the bag, and her eyes usually landed on Asami, but she tried to shake it off, only to find herself doing it again.  Korra wanted so bad to help her friend, but she knew that she shouldn’t press her.

    “Korra, are you okay?” it was Kuvira. “Your stance is off, and you’re barely punching the thing,” she pointed to the bag. Korra came out of her daze.

    “Oh-uh,” she couldn’t find the words at first. “I’m just thinking. It’s nothing, but thanks, Kuvira,” Kuvira gave a worried face and shrugged, and walked off the the two brothers.     

    She continued to punch, and this time she tried to stay focused, and keep good stance.  She tried to keep herself  wandering off, but once it did she couldn’t stop it. She looked for Asami, but when her eyes scanned the treadmills her friend wasn’t there. She scrunched her eyebrows and wondered where she could have gone, when a hand had grabbed her shoulder. Surprised, Korra tensed, and quickly turned to face who it was. She quickly relaxed realizing it was Asami. The pang once again throbbed more noticeable.

    “Hey... um-,” Asami couldn’t get it all out. “I just wanted to let you know that the reason that I didn’t tell you isn’t because I don’t trust you,” Korra felt closure at this sentence, and also confusion. “It’s just complicated.”

    “It’s fine, just when you’re ready.”

    “Thanks Korra,” she walked off again, into the locker room.

    After working out for about another hour, all of them were tired out, and called it quits for the night.

LINE BREAK

    It’s been a week since Korra and the other’s hung out.  Korra hasn’t seen Asami at all; in fact, it seemed like she was avoiding her, and emptiness was threatening to take the space the pang occupied.  This feeling made her uncomfortable, and it was really starting to annoy her. She knew exactly what was causing her to feel this.

    “Uh, why do you do this to me?” she questioned the air as she stood up off her couch. She got up, and decided to head out to clear her mind and to get fresh air. She went running.

    Korra went over her feelings for Asami, for she knew it was that, that was causing her to feel frustrated with herself.  After last weekend, Korra knew she wanted to be there for Asami no matter what, and now that the feeling of emptiness was growing, she also knew that she could probably barely survive without the other woman in her life. Korra knew her feelings for Asami, and now she was giving herself the courage to tell her.

    “You know what self?” she questioned herself. “I’m gonna tell her,” she felt so elated with her decision; in fact, she didn’t even think of what Asami’s response was. She came back around on her run, and headed to Asami’s house.

LINE BREAK

    When she knocked she was surprised to see it was Kuvira that opened the door.

    “Korra?” she asked confused.

    “I would ask the same to you,” she replied in a jealous tone.

    “Korra?!” it was Asami who Korra could hear somewhere within the large house.

    “I was just about to leave. I just had to ask Asami some questions for an engineering class,” Kuvira excused herself awkwardly, and left, leaving the door open.

    Korra wandered into the house, and faced Asami. “I know that was a lie. Kuvira doesn’t even take an engineering class,” she stated matter a factly. “You know if you don’t want me around you could just tell me,” it just came out of her mouth, and she could feel rage overcome her reason.  Asami looked bewildered at what came from her friend’s mouth. She never considered that she might make Korra feel this way from avoiding her.

    “Kor-” she started, but couldn’t even get past her name.

    “You know the actual reason I ran here was to tell you I like you, but this was a disaster. I shouldn’t have even decided to tell you. What was I thinking? You would say that you like me too and we would live happily ever after,” Korra ranted quickly. She was already heading out the door, but was abruptly stopped when Asami grabbed her wrist, and she felt the pang again. She immediately got angry, because even though she was mad at Asami,

she still felt it.

    “Korra, I’m sorry, I just-,” Asami couldn’t even complete what she was going to say, when Korra ripped her wrist away.

    “I’m sorry, Asami,” Korra said disappointed and  quietly facing the ground, and swiftly made her way out, and this time she didn’t look back because she didn’t want Asami to see her tears.

NOTE:

I'm really sorry for not posting sooner., and that this chapter is pretty short. I've been really busy.