Wasted Regrets

With the beliefs Zhan Yao held for life, combined with the knowledge of sins that God had granted him. He had come to realise how to make good use of that combination of knowledge and his abnormal ability. Looking at the dying soul that was in front of him, he had come to make his greatest decision ever. To bring relief and emancipation to those troubled souls, move their bodies from the dark to light.

He arrived at Yu Tong's hospital room along with the sleeping's man's parents. He walked inside in what was probably awkward silence but the woman's cold and dreadful voice that reeked of death had started arguing in Zhan Yao's head again. She was terrified to see her own son that she sacrificed her life for, sleeping in a cold hospital bed almost following her to the afterlife. Her tears wouldn't stop coming while following Zhan Yao everywhere.

"Is he going to die? Why is he here? What happened to him?" He turned to face her a bit with frustration. The two looked at each other eyes not showing any kind of mercy, he then guessed. Zhan Yao assumed that this woman is not leaving unless she gets her answers. When he came to realise that, he remembered Yunlan's solid words about trying to listen to these wondering souls. Maybe if he answers their requests, they come to leave him alone.

"What do you want?"

"I am a mother who bore the sins of pride and ego. Trying to repent at church, I didn't get the chance to do so. Before I chose to die and leave his side, I was afraid to face him. I gave birth to a sickly child, Yu Tong spent most of his childhood laying in a hospital bed. When it came to his surgery, I couldn't believe he would wake up. So, I decided to be the donator instead to ensure that one of us must live or we both die"

"Indeed, you are a selfish mother. You made offences against God. Killing yourself is not a wise decision to make. You made him bear more hardships and sorrow. knowing that his mother died for him, He will live in guilt forever. Have you thought what a kid needs most? A mother's love. You didn't only kill yourself but your whole family died emotionally"

"That wasn't the right path to choose. It only added to your sins by provoking God's wrath. Life is not something you should give up on just easily." That was the realization that had shattered her mind. Zhan Yao moved silently close to Yu Tong totally forgetting about his dad who was behind him watching him talk to an empty corner wearing a frustrated expression.

"Is everything okay?" It had taken him some time for Yu Tong's father to be able to talk to the angry man. 

"Not really, your wife is getting on my nerves. She keeps on asking about Yu Tong's condition. What right does she have to be here all worried? If I were him, I wouldn't forgive such a selfish decision. They say the guilty shouldn't make the innocent suffer. If there were too many to be sent to God's Judgment, then your wife shouldn't seek God's Mercy" Upon hearing that the man never stirred or felt shocked.

"Is she here?" By the time his sorrowful tears started hitting the floor, he had already moved silently closer to Zhan Yao. Mr. Bai knew full well that this man wasn't lying.

"Ask him to forgive me" Her voice whispered to him with a hint of begging.

"Please young man"

"You should ask for God's forgiveness not your husband or your son, only then you can repent, proving worthy of it" Zhan Yao answered thoughtfully. Standing still looking up into her face. Upon hearing those strong words, her small white teeth chattered with fear, and she looked over her shoulder while drawing away from him.

"Zhan Yao my son! What is going on?" His loud nervous voice said before he stopped abruptly with the eye contact that occurred now with Zhan Yao. The man averted his gaze to Mr. Bai as mad as he looked wanting to answer his question. He broke a heavy sigh then realized that he shouldn't be this mad for something that already happened and wouldn't change.