Emotional Pain

Soon after resting his eyes Zhan Yao felt the temperature dropped inside the hospital room. He knew that Yu Tong was somewhere close giving him company. The rain was barely a drizzle. Looking at the grey clouds covering the dim light of the day, Zhan Yao's expression fell into the gloom and soon found himself losing interest in staying here. He had to occupy himself with something waiting for this man to wake up.

He walked down the streets freely, unnoticed by anyone. Even if someone had been watching him, they would be only dead souls and not living humans. The clothes Zhan Yao was wearing were dark with grey to drive any attention away from him, with a red hood over his head to cover his face. The world he walked in, while the same as everyone else's, was tainted by death and monstrosity.

Each road he passed by came with dozens of wandering souls of all who dwelled within them, and the image they horrifically died on. He always questioned the reason behind all this and why the membrane was lift from his eyes to witness the unseen and what no human being in this life could bear to see. Especially the soul of a young girl of seven which looked terrifying and pitiful together.

The beautiful little girl laid motionless on the a dark corner of an empty street waiting to be waken. Her yellow milky eyes shone in the dim day light. Blood was running through her thighs like rivers while she moaned in pain. Her clothes were torn and body was covered by so many bruises. Seeing her dying smile, Zhan Yao assumed that she was brutally raped and killed.

He knew better what to do now to comfort her and make her agony vanishes away. He went near the little girl and brushed his warm hand over her icy cold body. She opened her little teary eyes to see him. Eventhough, he was afraid to approach her but he couldn't just stay away and ignore the whimpers of innocence. He smiled hoping to help her if possible.

"Hello, Princess!" Zhan Yao's voice cried without tears.

"Are you an angel sent to me by the God?"said the little girl with her limpid eyes wide open.

"An angel? I would love to be one" He thought to himself. Since He was young he had been following the acrimonious deaths of humans but never was referred to as an angel. Zhan Yao was brutally called with unpleasant names by both the deaths and the living. He forced a smile, being all happy deep inside by his new name "An angel". He learnt today not all souls are creepy and violent.

"An Angel. The man who mummy said will teach me to fly. And take me to a very beautiful place. I was waiting but no one had ever come" Zhan Yao didn't have the heart to break her expectation when she nodded with great happiness. He patted her forehead before he could ask her another question.

"Have you been waiting here for long?" He needed to know when this soul died in order to try and find out about who did this to her. He was so eager to become the grim reaper who can take the soul of her monstrous pedophile rapist.

"I died not long ago, the day my cousin brought me here" She told her story to Zhan Yao all from the very beginning of being molested and threatened then being dragged all the way here. It was not a long one. Just the agonizing experience of a young girl in the age of flowers, without influence, or knowledge, being all innocent expecting to have a long happy life.

"Do you remember his name? Can you remember it sweetheart?" Zhan Yao looked unexpectedly calm. He was trying not to freak her out. But made it look like it's not a big deal and things will be fine soon. He was forcing his act of kindness when he was filed with wrath and fierceness.