Chapter 1

A banquet to remember

I aimed my bow right and clicked my neck to the direction of the weapon, eyeing it to hit the target. I did one last check before letting the hard string of the bow go and watch as the arrow fly to hit the stash of hay.

I smirked as my eyes observed the flying strands of golden hay.

I clicked my neck to the left and massaged the right side, the force of the arrow allowed some of the hairs of hay to fly off after hitting the center.

"Cameron!" napalingon ako sa aking kaliwa at nakita ang aking kaibigan na nakahalukipkip habang iwinawagay way ang isang piraso ng papel sa ere.

nakakunot ang noo nito at mahaba ang ngusong nakatingin saakin. Binitawan ko ang hawak kong palaso at tinawanan ang kanyang mukhang gusot.

"Spencer, ano yan?" I asked him

"Ano pa bang hula mo? Pamunas mo ng pwet kamahalan? Papeles! Galing sa kongreso to, a governor is asking for your approval for a project on Laurasia" He said, obviously pissed off as he slapped the documents on my heavy chest.

Napaatras ako ng bahagya sa kanyang ginawa ngunit tumawa lamang ako.

My right hand and loyal friend, Spencer Sage has never once failed me, in my profesion or in amusement. 

I read the content of the document and gave it back once Im done.

"Pirmahan mo" utos nito

"Just leave it on my study, I'll meddle with it later" I ordered as I picked up the bow and arrow once again, aiming for the stack of hay

Umirap ito at napabuntong hininga bago sinunod ang utos ko.

This time I aimed the arrow a little higher so it would hit the upper part of the stack. I pursed my lips as the string touched it before letting the hard string go.

Once the arrow hit the target I wiped off my sweat with the collar of my black longsleeve. I sighed and walked towards the towering doors of the castle.

The guards bowed and greeted me when they opened the back gates for me. Tango lamang at tipid na ngiti ang isinukli ko sa dalawa at dumire-diretso na sa hapag kainan.

There on the large long table I saw my Mom and other members of the legislative council of Medovella.

They all stood at my presence as I approach my seat at the head of the table. Once I took my seat I signaled them to do so to. As everyone caught their comfort in their seats, the governors started to discuss their certain interests and ideas with asking of their approval on their projects further more to the law changes for their provinces.

"Anak, your coronation banquet is on the third week of January, have you chosen your partner yet?" My mother said as she looked at me with weary in her eyes.

"I'll eventually find one mama" I said not worrying her

She sighed before holding my hand, sort of comforting me. Ang kanyang mukha ay may bakas ng lubhang pag aalala, ang kanyang kamay naman ay nanginginig.

Guilt consumed her, I know. The way her eyes would spark with tears.

"If I could take back what I've done.....I-I would, believe me" nabasag ang boses niya sa dulo ng kanyang pahiwatig

"Its okay mama, its all done" I said half heartedly

I took my hand from hers and scratched the back of my head. Nagpakawala ako ng malalim na hininga para pigilan ang aking sarili na may masabing hindi mabuting makasakit sa aking ina. She's vulnerable I know, and this is no perfect time for disrespect... not that there is any time for it.