Chapter 17

Deathly bells

The thick fog covered my eyes sight as I stare at the outside of the window. I tucked my chest to the thick blanket, covering my shivering body from the cold.

The sun wasnt visible in the thick smoke and fog covering the whole island in misery. The chief announced everyone to stay isolated inside their homes, the smog might be harmful to one's health when in contact with.

I chose to stay inside the home library while everyone was busy running around the house, finding something to distract their boredom.

I have been itching to go outside since I really wanted to see the sunrise and see well Cameron but, I know that it is best to stay isolated inside the comfort of my house.

My cheeks flushed when I remembered our kiss last night. Under a million glimmering fireflies, he claimed me his.

I touched my lips and squeezed my eyes shut as the moment was still so raw and sureal to me. It doesnt seem real, even if I have convinced myself that it was real and it actually happened.

It is still too good to be true. He is too good to be true.

I pinched myself to stop dreaming and being delusional about it, but I still cant help it. Im so into him, And its not good, and I dont know why?

Napaayos ako ng upo nang marinig ang pagbukas ng pintuan ng silid. Agad akong umarteng parang nagbabasa habang pasimpleng sinilip kung sino ang pumasok.

"Reverie ikaw pala" Nang nagkaroon ako ng pagkakataon na makita kung sino ang tuwawag saakin ay nagtama ang paningin namin ni Papa.

"Ay Papa. Magandang umaga" Bati ko sakanya ng nakangiti

"Bakit parang ang ganda ng iyong gising?" Nakangisi nitong tanong saka nagsimulang maghanap ng libro.

"How was your sleepover with Mahalia?" He asked me.

My eyes widened at his question. I was unable to speak because THERE.WAS.NO.SLEEPOVER.

"Uhmm- Good. Maraming pagkain" simple kong sagot na par bang nagsasabi ako ng totoo.

"Kanino ipinarating ni Mahalia ang sulat?" Tanong muli nito na hindi ako tinitignan at binabasa ang mga libro isa isa.

"K-kay Ate Mercedes po" Kinakabahan kong gagad.

Nasali pa si Ate Mercedes. Jusko!

"Uh-hmm" He hummed, believing my answers

Sike

"Pano niya naibigay sayo? Eh nasa pagawaan siya ng alahas kahapon?" Nakangisi nitong tanong.

"Uhmm k-kay ahmm-"

"Ano nalang ang ginawa niyo ni Cameron?" He asked with a smirk.

The smug look on his face told me I was caught lying. Got yah ass.

"PO!?" I exclaimed in surprise.

"Oh? Diba dapat ako magugulat?"

Napakamot ako sa aking batok at hinayaan ang aking kumot na malaglag sa aking bewang. Bumusangot ang aking mukha saka hinarap ito na may pagsusumamo ang mukha.

"Ahmm, Pasensya na po" I pouted

"Cant believe you would pull your mother's trick on me. Should've seen that coming" He chuckled.

I cocked my head to the side and stare at him with confusion written all over my face. My mom's trick? Oh no.

"I would always invite her for a stroll, late at night, since I always have trouble falling asleep. But her father, was too strict, she was the youngest in the family-"