Chapter 18

Dead bells

I sighed heavily and stared at the ceiling in fraustrations.

Questions and questions, thought after thought ran through my head as I stay awake at night. i dont know why but my instinct is not doing me any good.

The bright moonlight, the golden sun illuminating the whole scenery, The cold wind from the ocean, the crunching swaying leaves, doesnt seem to calm me down and Im shiverring in fear as the questions and the image flood my head, each and every moment I close my eyes.

The image of the white peculiar plant, with bell shaped flowers, were always on my mind, if not, on my dreams, and it is too unusual to not notice.

I have been having the same dream of the same flower for days, since the meeting occured.

Cameron and I have not been seeing each other alot these past few days, we had little interactions but not that many. We would smile at the slight moments our eyes would meet.

But everytime I look at him I always remember the question and the fear in his eyes the moment I had contact with the document.

I groaned and flipped to my side and closed my eyes shut, pissed at my own thoughts. But it never helped! Gagh!

I groaned once more before sitting up and pull my hair slightly in fraustration. I looked outside my window and saw that the night sky was empty, the moon was hiding behind the thick night clouds. The stars disappeard in the thick clouds covering the whole sky.

The sky seemed to reflect me somehow, it was empty, and so am I, probably fraustrated of the thick clouds surrounding it also.

After a moment of staring at the empty sky from my large bedroom window I decided to stand up and thought of the library.

Kinuha ko ang kandila sa aking lamesa saka, walang saplot sa paa na tinahak ang daan patungo sa silid-aklatan nang walang ingay ang yapak.

Nang marating ko ang pinto ng silid ay agad ko itong binuksan at dahan dahan itong pinihit pabukas. Napapikit ako ng marahan ng marinig ang paglabas ng ingay mula sa pintuan.

Nang masara ko na ang pinto ay kaagad kong hinanap kung saan ang mga aklat tunggkol sa bulaklak.

Agad ko rin namang nahanap ang isang librong may nakaimprintang karawan ng isang mirasol sa harapan. Inilapag ko sa isang palapag ng bookshelf and aking kandila saka nagsimula ng hanapin ang bulaklak.

"Lily of the valley...." I murmered as I search for the name of the flower in the table of contents.

"Aha!" Napatili ako ngunit kaagad ko rin tinakpan ang aking bibig ng mahanap kung saang pahina ng libro makikita iyon.

Dali dali kong hinanap ang pahina na iyon, resulta ng pagkalukot ng ibang mga pahina sa pagmamadali ko.

Nang makita ko ang magkaparehong larawan ng bulaklak ay inabot ko ang kandila upang masilayan ang deskripsyon ng hindi pangkarinawang bulaklak.

'Lily of the valley is a woodland flowering plant with sweetly scented, bell shaped flowers. It is a native through the Northern Hemisphere Mainly Asia and Europe'

Hininto ko ang pagbabasa at inilipat sa ibang pahina.

'It is a known poisonous plant, planted in gardens as decoration. It contains a toxin, caridac glycosides, when in direct contact with can cause dizziness, vomiting, rashes and diarrhea. If left untreated, the flower may cause death'

Napaawang ang labi ko nang mabasa ang nilalaman at deskripsyon ng hindi pangkaraniwang bulaklak.

Nabalot ako ng pagkabahala sa aking nabasa. Ang aking mga kamay ay nanginig sa kaba, and aking puso ay naghuramentado at nagsimula akong pamulahan at pagpawisan sa takot sa mga napagtatagpi tagpi kong mga pangyayari sa aking ulo.