Chapter eighteen

Talia chased out after Edmund, calling his name. "Please wait, you know I can't run that far!" she begged, laughing.

The boy paused, turning around, and despite not wanting too broke out into a smile at the sight of Talia chasing after him.

"Now finally I get to ask! Are you alright?" she called.

"Seeing the face of that Witch brought back some memories I'd rather forget." he frowned.

The girl's deep brown eyes appeared to frown back at him, sympathetically, she shook her head softly, "Of course. I'm sorry, I forgot." she paused, but it wasn't long before her familiar smile appeared once again on her face.

"What on earth could you possibly be smiling about?" he questioned sternly.

"Nothing." she replied, trying to hold back her laughs.

Edmund rushed over to the girl, a sudden good mood fell over him upon seeing how happy Talia appeared to be, "Perhaps if I... tickle you, you will find the words!" he threatened, excitedly.

"No! No!" she begged, in between fits of giggles, "Please! Mercy!" she pleaded.

"Not until you tell me!" Edmund ordered, grinning.

"Okay, okay." the girl agreed, and he pulled away. She stepped back from the boy, preparing to make a quick escape, "Magic Turkish Delight!" she exclaimed, bursting out with laughter, quickly sprinting away from the boy, who chased after her speedily. She suddenly turned, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." she raised her hands in surrender, but she couldn't hold back her smile.

"That was a serious situation you know." Edmund told her, but it wasn't long before he exploded with laughter also.

"I thought it was serious!" the girl exclaimed, raising her eyebrow.

"It was! I almost had them killed over it!"

But this only made her crease harder, "Over Turkish Delight. Oh, Aslan give me strength."

"Hey!" he cried, tackling the girl to the floor. The pair began to playfight in the grass in-between laughter. Until they grew too tired and ended up simply lying next to each other.

It went quiet for a minute, a sort of comfortable silence that the both enjoyed, until Talia rolled to face Edmund, a serious look now upon her face, "You wanted to know why I walked into Miraz's bedchambers without my sword?" the boy nodded in response, "I killed," Talia struggled to find the words to say, and inhaled deeply; sitting upright and Edmund did the same, "I killed my brother." she spoke, and tears threatened to spill from her eyes. "I don't know why I'm crying I didn't even like the git." she sobbed, laughing.

"Come here." the boy wrapped his arms around the crying girl.

"Does that make me as bad as them?" Talia mumbled into his chest.

Edmund pulled away from the girl, holding her shoulders and looking deep into her tearful eyes, "Never. You listen to me Talia, you could never be as bad as them."

The girl sobbed, falling once again into the boy's safe arms.

---

Caspian had been watching Edmund and Talia on the grass outside of the tomb, and a strange feeling filled him. He thought that he would have been jealous of the younger boy, after all he thought that he loved Talia. But what he felt was not jealousy or anger, he just felt numb, especially after what had just happened with the White Witch. He heard the sound of his professor sit next to him and watched as Dr Cornelius smiled fondly at Talia in the distance.