Chapter thirty-two

Lucy walked out of the woods first, dressed in yellow, as a shimmering sign of hope. Despite her being a young girl, of such a small stature, power oozed from her. It whirled around her, just as the wind would do. She didn't break her gaze from the barbarous men up ahead, an kept her grip tight upon the small dagger, which had once been given to her.

She stopped walking just at the beginning of the bridge- standing still on the opposing side of the riverbank to the soldiers. Behind the Telmarines the Narnians came running, blocking the men in from the other side. The Pevensie siblings looked on as their sister, armed only with a small dagger walked out towards masses of men, armed, in contrast with full length swords. Fear was quick to flow through them.

Aslan followed, allowing the Narnians to breathe a sigh of relief for the young girl. The talking creatures erupted with whoops and cheers upon recognising the figure. Unlike the Telmarines who at the sight of Aslan the cheeks of the soldiers fell white as ghosts. Their knees locked together, and some even ran in the opposing direction- earning harsh glances from their superiors. Many had never seen a lion before, but each of them knew that this was no ordinary animal; just as the creatures they had fought previously were not regular or ordinary. They were not regular mice, regular badgers, or even regular trees. Nothing was what met the eye anymore, and truthfully half of the soldiers had probably been expecting Aslan to explode into a talking, dancing, singing elephant or something- and even that wouldn't have been the strangest of the things they had witnessed that day. The lion halted to a stop at the side of Lucy.

Curious looks were shared amongst the Narnians- they were waiting for something... someone.

A strong wind began to flow heavy- gushing and whipping the soldiers from side to side. It was a hash and unrelenting wind. And it came sudden, leading them all to believe that this wind was of no natural occurrence. This was storm- like wind, and yet the sun stayed beating down upon them from above. It was becoming harder and harder for the Telmarines to even stand, and they fussed. they shouted, they looked around at an escape route from the torments of the wind, but there were none.

The soldiers looked out towards the young girl and the lion, who stood strong in their feet, as though the weather had no effect upon them. And their confusion only grew stronger.

That was when they noticed another girl, walking out from the woods, and immediately recognised the face. She bore eyes burned with the desire for revenge. And her mouth was tipped to a frown. Her dress flowed freely in the wind that she was creating, despite the fact that when they had last seen her on the battlefield it was tattered and destroyed. Her dress wasn't the only thing that looked revived: her tan face was clean of any blood, and her arms clear of bruises and scrapes. Her hair was smoothed out, with flowing black waves running freely through it- it was no longer tangled. The only thing dirty on her presence, was her sword- still stained from the dried blood of her enemies.

The wind halted, as soon as she paused next to Aslan and Lucy. And she could finally hear the whispers of her name, "Talia", intertwined with fear, but even still she felt the unrelenting patriotism radiating from the men she faced- she knew the idiots would try something against her, and she stood prepared, a slight smile now decorating her face.

"Charge!" yelled Lord Sopespian, the man who had evidently taken charge over the force, since Miraz's passing.

The men stormed over the wooden bridge, that they had once built: a cut of man within acres of nature. Some men even clambered into the water to edge further away from the taunts from the Narnian army. The men rode, full pace towards the trio, high upon their horses, with their swords raised.

To her left, Talia heard Aslan begin to growl, and this caused her mischievous smile to grow. The lion then let out the loudest of roars, which echoed across every inch of the forest. The sound waves it created caused the men riding towards then to stop in their march. It blocked their progression and locked them on the middle of the bridge.

And Talia's grin grew, as she raised her hands to call upon the magic of Narnia. She focused into the rise of her ancestors calls and stirrings that sung from within her. With a bellowing scream, she connected to the water that flowed within the river. She felt the rush of each individual particle and begged upon it to make haste. Her and all of the generations of women that came before her, called for the water that flowed through the river to become much less of the calm and serene river that they had once known. They called it to become rough and severe. To become dangerous and unrelenting. The water gave to her command, and it wasn't long before the men began to make shouts of confusion.

"What's going on?"

"What is happening?"

They looked down the river, only to be faced with the grueling picture of a huge wave speeding towards them. The wave only grew and grew in size as it came closer. And Talia only guided it towards the bridge the men were standing upon.

"Back Back!" they called.

"Retreat!"

"The river!"

"It's the girl!"

The tsunami wave came full force racing towards the men, and it slammed into the wooden bridge, rupturing the foundations. The bridge battled slightly with the wave's force, but it wasn't long before it gave in- succumbing to the wave, surrendering to the magic. And with it the men were thrown into the fast-flowing river- many tried to swing their swords in the waves direction, but it caused no harm, and only tired them further.

It was a show of her force, rather than merciless murder, and although many of the men drowned, or were carried along down the river. Many were still watching from the riverbank, their heads bowed in surrender.

After the wave died down, Talia was the first to roar a command, "Assemble on the river side, and you shall not be harmed! Your peaceful surrender to the Narnians will be duly recognised, and you shall come to no harm if you go so willingly."

Lucy stepped forward from beside her with a follow up, "You must surrender your weapons upon reaching this side of river, and your compliance will be accepted." she spoke like a true Queen.

And the men did as they were commanded, as they each swam across the river to hand their weapons to the Narnian soldiers who had joined Aslan, Lucy and Talia on their side of the river.

Many of the Narnians echoed out the same orders that Lucy and Talia had just spoken, in and amongst cries of victory, and tears of grief.

Talia felt a tug on the side of her dress, causing her to look to her left, at the young girl beside her, who nodded in the direction of her siblings and Caspian, who were now also walking towards them.