Chapter twenty-eight

The three prepared themselves, by putting on their battle armour, and getting Peter ready. They could hear the shouts from the crowds outside of the tomb, and they could sense the rising anxiety coming from Peter.

Before they were about to walk out, Talia walked over to Peter, "Good luck." she spoke, it was in a blunt and plain tone of voice, but the elder boy sensed her honesty. She noticed the soft look of fear in his eye, and she couldn't help herself but slam him into a deep hug, "I have every faith that you will win, and when you do- you can tell me more of this Emeline character." she whispered gently into his ear, with a smile. He returned the hug, finding that the girl's energy was enough to settle his nerves for the time being.

Talia pulled away with a nod and walked over to Edmund, while Peter finished putting on his armour. Edmund turned to her, he possessed an even more fearful look in his eye; for now, he was worried about his brother, and also his closest friend, who now had all their lives on her back. She reached out to grab his hand, comfortingly, and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"He'll be okay, right?" he asked the girl, realising that if Peter lost, not only would he loose his brother, but Talia would be taken by the Telmarines: most likely to her death, when they find out that she double crossed them.

"I'm sure of it." she returned, although she truly wasn't all too sure.

Peter called from up front, "Let's go."

"Walk with him." Talia ordered Edmund. She froze on the spot slightly, allowing the brothers to walk out together. Peter and Edmund walked out of the tomb, power radiating from them, and Talia followed shortly after.

The three teenagers strutted out into through the crowd, with Peter leading them. They ignored the shouts from the Telmarine army, who stood all lined up and proper, down at their camp. The Narnians, however, cheered them on with such passion and love, that it made Talia smile widely. She was excited to finally see Miraz be put in his place... hopefully.

All three walked over to the old ruins that stood just outside the tomb. The elder King had already set up there and watched on as the four young teenagers walked towards him- I'd be lying if he didn't feel intimidated at the sight of them, although the man would never admit such a thing.

The older King rose from his seated position, after exchanging a few words with his closest general, General Glozelle. The pair of them stood tall, their presence radiating onto all watching. They both bore fearsome eyes, full of cunning and danger. Talia couldn't help but notice the empty space, where her father and brother would have stood, it did not sadden her- it was just unusual to see Miraz without her father nearby.

Talia watched as Edmund handed Peter his sword, with this movement, the whole of the Narnian army cheered for their King. Talia, however, did not cheer- she knew how ruthless Miraz could be, and even if he couldn't fight, she knew his military generals would fight for him- even after his death.

Miraz, too, grabbed his sword from his men, and also a gold face shield, decorated with an evil looking face. He also grabbed a shield and stepped towards the younger boy.

Peter stepped forward also, leaving his brother to draw back to Talia. Talia turned to the boy, who eyes stared directly at his brother, and his brother only- fearful of what was to come.

Both the King and the younger, drew closer to each other, and Miraz spoke the first of words, "There is still time to surrender."

Peter sent an evil glare Miraz's way, "Well, feel free."

His comment resulted in a slight smile appearing on Talia's face, as she watched on.

"How many more must die for the throne?" The Telmarine King asked.