~ Black ~

Detention. I have Detention.

Detention from all the lates I was given while trying to avoid my crazy ex. boyfriend and his harassing ways.

Better yet I could feel the daggers being drilled into the back of my head from April. April had a tendancy to only go to school when she could drag her ass out of whoever's bed she had fallen asleep in the night before.

Clair, Rayne and I were all invited but Rayne had try outs for sports early the next day so she was taking a pass on this one.

Clair didn't go to parties often. It wasn't really her scene. Wasn't really either of our scenes... Instead of going out with our classmates every weekend, Clair and I would buckle down and watch Netflix with no pants and eat popcorn that was drowning in butter.

Very unhealthy.

However we both decided sitting at home with Elijah and the now awkward Alaric would be a bad idea. Especially since we would have to wear actual pants.

We also decided not to get ready at the lake house. We wanted to get ready with Miranda. She wanted to curl Clair's hair and do something with it since Clair and me usually dressed like slobs.

Clair was already at the house when I got there and Miranda had sweet and sour ribs on the stove. I could smell them as soon as I walked in and I was in heaven.

"Hey," Miranda said to me.

"Hey mom," I said to her smiling. I hugged her and smiled into her neck.

After she finished hugging me she pulled away keeping her hands on my shoulders. "You're in trouble," she said turning away and going back to the stove.

"Why am I in trouble?" I protested.

"Were you not just in detention?" she asked glancing over her shoulder.

"Well yeah," I started, "but that was only because of Jake!"

"Uh uh," she said, "That name isn't allowed in this house."

"Mom!" I protested.

"I know," she said with a smile and turned to face me. "I called the school today and got them to change your locker number."

"You did!" I asked.

"Yes I did," she said with a laugh.

I hugged her again and pulled away. "Did Rayne leave already?" She was spending the night at a friends house to get some extra practicing in.

"Yeah," Clair said from the counter with a mouth full of food.

"Close your mouth," Miranda snapped pointing a finger at her.

Clair shrugged and raised her hands in surrender. "Not my fault these are delicious," she said it Clair swallowed her food. Yes, Miranda's ribs from a bag were definitely delicious, since she didn't actually make them.

Miranda rolled her eyes. "Go shower you two."

~~~~~

After we showered, Clair and I made our way down stairs to change. Clair slipped on a pair of low rise ripped jeans and a tight fitting black t-shirt that had a low cut and exposed a lot of cleavage. Not as if that was very hard for her very large chest. I put on a pair of dark wash jeans, also low rise, and a white tank top. I planned on throwing on my black leather jacket.

"Is this alright do you think?" Clair asked debating on her outfit of choice.

"Yeah, you look great," I said truthfully. "Why? Who are you trying to impress?" I gave her a quick wink.