~ Tonsil Hockey ~

I had thrown Rayne right into the middle of a pack of wolves and when she came out the other side she was angry and confused and frustrated. And Amara Didn't help anything. She hovered, making my nervous and my words shaky. And Rayne could only stare at her, that face of hers blank and vacant. 

I didn't blame Amara for unknowingly complicating things. She only wanted us safe, that was all she had ever wanted. But Miranda was our mother. Everything we had learned, we had learned from her. 

While I talked, Rayne said nothing and kept saying nothing until I was completely finished. Only then did she ask three simple questions

"Do I have a father?" 

Amara answered that one. Glad to talk about her mate. 

"I am normal?" 

My heart broke a little. Not because she was born human, but because I would lose her. I would out grow her in a few decades. She would grow old and die while I watched and there was nothing I could do about it. 

"Are you going to kill that man who killed mom?" 

That was the first time her face changed, fury on her features. Pain in her mouth. 

"If it's the last thing I do," I said, eyes alight with flames. 

And just like that, she knew everything. Knew about me and what I was, what she was. Knew about Elijah and the island. Knew what I had done to our dear cousin Clair. Knew what I had to do. 

And then Amara left. Leaving me and my sister in peace.

Rayne and I stayed in the basement, watching movies in silence. Elijah was gone to see some one about selling the house. Rayne and I couldn't look at it, let alone be anywhere near it. Rayne and I would split the money. If our father was still here, we would have let him deal with it.  

And since I was a legally an adult, I could take Rayne into custody since John had completely disappeared. Rayne was glad for that. 

"Mari!" Clair yelled from the main floor. "Get up here."

Clair was the only person to see Rayne and me since Miranda was killed. Well besides Elijah and Alaric. Clair was good for us, Clair didn't grieve like Rayne and I did. She bottled it up until one day she snapped. 

"Down here," I called not moving from my spot on the couch.

"No, you might want to see this," Clair said annoyed.

I huffed and got up from the couch. Rayne gave me a look and I waved her off letting her know she didn't need to deal with whatever Clair was going to make me do. 

I climbed the stairs and met Clair in the front doorway. Her little face was pinched into a scowl, her normally blue eyes looking grayish in the overcast sky. 

I followed her gaze to find a bright red pair of stiletto high heels. 

I raised an eyebrow at her and turned to Clair. "Why is she here?" 

"We got a problem," Clair replied completely ignoring my question.

"Clair, why is she here?" I asked again. 

"I am still standing here!" April snapped. 

"Shush," Clair and I both said at the same time.

April threw her hands up and let out a scoff.

"Tell her what you told me," Clair barked at her. 

April sighed in annoyance. "Why is there caution tape all over your house?" she chastised.