~ Lexi ~

After seeing Lexi like that, bruises on her body, tears on her face. I couldn't stop thinking that maybe I could do something to help her. Give her some tools to protect herself. The more I looked at her, the more I thought she fit. Alaric was not so easily convinced. 

But we were continuing our investigation of Lexi. Not so much digging into her personal life but getting to know her - her ticks and quirks. If she could even handle something like wings or flames.

Clair was easy for me. I already knew everything there was to know about her. I knew she would fit without a second thought. 

This new subject, as Alaric called her, was like a foreign country to me. She was fresh meat and everything about her personality was unknown. You had to have a strong soul to even survive an element. Strong willed. 

"Dude," Clair chastised waving a hand in front of my face. I was obviously zoned out on the back of Lexi's head as she was talking to the science teacher.

"Sorry," I mumbled. I have been kind of out of it today. Miranda told me that morning that the school wasn't able to find another locker to move me too. So I would be avoiding Jake for the rest of the year. 

But Jake wasn't even here today. Perhaps still hiding out from the party incident on Friday night. 

"Thinking about her aren't you?" Clair said looking up at me.

"Yeah," I mumbled.

Clair rolled her eyes. "Ever thought about, I don't know, inviting her over?"

"Oh yeah, I'll get right on that," I glared. "She can sit between Elijah and Alaric at dinner. And when I loose my temper at Alaric she can watch me throw a fire ball at his head. Or I don't know, watch me sprout scales on accident when Alaric throws a punch at me for calling him a narcissistic bastard. Oh, And-"

"Are you done?" Clair said cutting me off.

I slumped looking at her.

"Take her to Miranda's you dummy," Clair said looking over her shoulder at Lexi. 

"You're a genius," I said sarcastically. "Because Alaric won't throw a shoe about that either."

She shrugged and began on her way to her locker to get her stuff to head home for the night.  "He throws shoes at everything," she rolled her eyes at me. 

I pulled my bag from my locker and threw it over my shoulder. Better Alaric throw shoes than Elijah throw people. 

"Hey Lexi," I called to her moving up to walk with her. 

She looked at me strangely. "Hey," she said with a cocked eye brow. 

"Do you want to come over for supper tonight?" I asked cutting right to it. 

She blinked at me. "Uhhh," she said, "Sure?" It sounded more like a question. 

"Cool," I smiled, "Do you want to follow me in your car or catch a ride?"

"Uhh, can I catch a ride? I walked today," she said trying her best to smile.

It was my turn to blink at her. "You walked today?"

"Yeah," she stuttered. "I only live a few minutes away."

She was lying. Her house was at least a twenty-minute drive away and that was with Alaric driving like a mad man. It would take her over an hour to walk here, maybe two. 

"Okay," I said as we walked out the doors. "We're in the white SUV." 

"We?" she questioned.

"Oh yeah, Clair and my sister will be there too."