Chapter Five

I was sitting in the chair with foil on half of my head and black dye on the other, scrolling through Instagram and eating my food when I got a message from Corpse on discord.

"Hey, what are you up to?"

I smiled lightly and sent him a selfie of me with the tinfoil in my hair, with my tongue sticking out; holding up a peace sign.

"Letting my best friend play with my hair and eating Chinese Food. What are you up to?" My reply was quick, but the picture was hard to get just right.

"Watching Nightmare before Christmas for the millionth time this year. Is Olivia a hairstylist?"

I chuckled lightly, "She prefers the term "Hair Perfectionist", but yes. She specializes in color treatment and does transform people's hair. I'm getting rid of the darkness in my hair on the left with bleach and on the other side, I have black dye in it. Still deciding if I want to keep the bleached part blonde or dye it some other color. What do you think?"

I decided to stuff my face with food.

Olivia came from the back and took a peek behind the foil, "Oh shiz that's blonde. Come on, we should rinse it out." She said taking the food from me and placing it on her counter since she closed for the day.

We traveled to the back room and she gestured for me to sit at the shampooing station, "Alexa, put on Paranoia by Rotten Royale." She called out to her Alexa which replied, "Okay, playing Paranoia on Spotify."

I rolled my eyes, "Really?"

"Yes! I still think this is your best song, next to Up All Night." She smirked as she removed the tinfoil and leaned me back.

"Should we add color to the blonde side? I feel like black and blue look good together." Olivia suggested, grabbing the hose and starting to spray my hair down.

I sighed, "I think I may just keep it blonde. I'm trying to not get disowned by my family."

"Your family is traditional, but you're also an adult to does everything they say. You should be able to live a little." She grumbled, grabbing a bottle of purple shampoo from her shelf.

"I don't blame them, we've been having some bad press recently thanks to my cousin Dimitri. He was arrested for getting into a fistfight with three police officers in Vegas, yet they call me the family disappointment?" I sighed, looking at my nails.

She snorted lightly, "You are not a disappointment."

"Come to Christmas at my grandmothers' house, then you'll see what I mean."

She finished washing out my hair and helped me up after ringing out my hair, trying to keep both halves separated before bringing me back to the chair.

"You still need to do the WAP dance for your TikTok." She reminded me as she searched around for her hairdryer.

I groaned, "Don't remind me. I'm not looking forward to that."

"What if you make it so if someone donates five hundred dollars or more, you do the WAP dance on stream?" She suggested, making me snort lightly.

"Maybe, no one else would donate that much at one time." I watched her plug in the dryer, "Maybe I can use that as leverage in my twelve-hour charity stream tomorrow."

"Who are you going to give the money to this time around?" She turned on the hairdryer, drying the black half first.

I pursed my lips, "Well, my normal donations go to make a wish or children's cancer centers, but this one I'm going to be hitting even closer to home. I'm donating the funds to the Texas Eating Disorders Association." I explained and she paused, turning off the hairdryer.