Chapter Six

After class, I was doing my makeup at my vanity in my bedroom, watching TikTok videos, and getting myself mentally prepared for my twelve-hour charity stream that would be taking place that evening.

I stared at my face in the mirror, examining my exhausted features and sighing, tilting my head back.

I sat back up and scrolled down on TikTok, stopping as I hear the familiar sound of my song Paranoia.

I see a popular creator on the app using my sound and I like the video instantly and go to the comments section.

I comment saying "Oh my god thank you for using my song! Amazing video! 🖤"

I then went to the sound, seeing that it was uploaded by TikTok themselves made me over the moon. Plus seeing all the people who used the sound for their POV videos, dancing videos, or just having fun with that sound lessened my anxiety greatly.

I continued to scroll through my following page when the music stopped and I got a facetime call, I answered almost instantly not paying attention to who was calling.

"You have successfully reached the one and only Rotten Royale. Proceed with caution." I say jokingly and I heard a deep chuckle. I look over and am met with a dark screen.

"Corpse! Good noon!" I said with a large smile growing on my face, grabbing some eyeliner, "I'm glad you called." I said leaning towards my mirror and pulling my lower eyelid down to get at my lash line.

He was silent for a moment, "Really?" He asked uncertainty in his voice and I pulled back, nodding at the screen.

"Yeah! I was going to text you. So I'm doing a charity stream tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to be on a Discord call while I release the cover today instead of tomorrow? I just thought since my e-girl look any way that I should just have my stream listen to it today and then release the audio onto YouTube tomorrow. Sorry, I'm rambling." I apologize and he hummed.

"That sounds like a good plan to me. You don't have to apologize for talking about something you enjoy. I will gladly be there for you." He said and I squealed lightly making him laugh again.

"Hang on. I'm going to tweet about the stream." I said and turning my video off, switching to Twitter, and clicking the button for a new Tweet.

@rottenroyale
"Today is my annual Thanksgiving 12 hour charity stream! You guys will want to be there for early access to the cover being uploaded on Saturday AND there will be some awesome guests! YOU GUYS! More info on stream tonight at 6 pm!"

I clicked the tweet button and went back to the call with Corpse, "You know, I love my job." I say with a laugh, setting my phone back down onto the small tripod on the vanity. I suddenly remembered that he called me.

"So, enough about me. Why did you decide to bless my ears with the beautiful bass that is your voice?" I asked and he breathed out a laugh. I continued to do my eyeliner as I listened to him speak.

"Oh, uh well. Is it cheesy to say that I kind of wanted to hear your voice?"

I dropped my liquid eyeliner at his honesty and blush made its way onto my face, which he couldn't see as I was out of the frame of the facetime call.