3 | c a r r i e

[1.1]

"that's way too tiny to be a phone"

The hour that they had been trapped in the dark room felt endless

The hour that they had been trapped in the dark room felt endless. There was no way to tell time and nothing to entertain themselves with. They sat alone with their thoughts. Given that they had all just died, there was plenty for them to think about.

Of course, they had all cried when they figured out what had happened, but shortly after Luke stopped, so did Reggie. And then Reggie had pulled Mickey into his arms and softly coaxed her tears away. That left Alex as a sobbing mess, which none of them knew how to help. Really, Reggie was only focused on Mickey, so it should've been Luke's job to calm down their drummer.

"Everything is gonna be fine," Reggie muttered softly in Mickey's ear. She was sitting in his lap and hugging him tightly while he ran his fingers through her hair in a comforting manner. "At least we're together."

"But what about Bobby?" she asked, her voice cracking a bit when she said her brother's name. "Oh god, he's all alone. He thinks we're coming right back."

"Hey, Bobby'll be alright," Reggie assured her, brushing his thumb across her cheek to wipe away a tear that had fallen. "He - I mean, at least he's not here."

Mickey nodded, glad that her brother wasn't dead as well. She couldn't imagine the pain that would've caused her parents. But as soon as she thought of her parents, her eyes started to water, so she again shoved her face into Reggie's chest. He rubbed her back and kissed the top of her head, feeling just as distraught over the situation.

None of them were sure how long they were in the dark room, but soon, Mickey pulled her head out of Reggie's chest and looked around.

"What's that sound?" she asked.

"I don't—" Luke cut himself off and frowned. He could hear music, which was slowly getting louder. "Is that our song?"

And then they were falling.

|||

Mickey shut her eyes and screamed as she felt herself tumbling through the air. She felt her body hit solid ground, and she groaned. Mickey slowly sat up on the white carpet and looked around. She was in what appeared to be a teenage girl's bedroom, and the guys were nowhere to be seen.

However, she wasn't the only one in the room.

The young girl sitting on her bed let out a high pitched scream but made no move to run. Mickey yelped and put her hands up, trying to signify that she meant no harm. The girl had light brown hair, which was pulled up, and was wearing nice purple matching pajamas.

"W - who are you?" she asked. She glanced between Mickey and a sparkly pink throw pillow. She quickly grabbed the pillow and held it in front of her like a weapon. "Where did you come from?"