1 5 | h a p p y

[1.7]

"i love the band, luke. i do. but it is not my dream"

"Hey, I'm gonna go check out the crowd

"Hey, I'm gonna go check out the crowd."

It was almost time for Julie and the Phantoms to go on in the backyard, which was slowly filling up with people from Julie's school. After changing into one of Bobby's old Iron Maiden shirts, which she had turned into a fashionable crop top, and a pair of jeans, Mickey decided to head outside. She informed Reggie as such as she wrapped her arms around him from behind. He was working on tuning his guitar.

"Have fun," he said, looking over his shoulder and smiling at her. He puckered his lips, requesting a kiss, which Mickey gladly gave him.

"Gross," Luke grumbled from across the studio.

Mickey snickered and kissed Reggie once more — Luke loudly protested the whole time — before poofing outside. The backyard was full, and Ray was almost done setting his camera up. The grand piano had been rolled outside for the performance, and lights were strung around it. Mickey walked through the crowd of teenagers, just seeing who all was there.

"Hey!" As Mickey neared the fence, Carrie had spotted the ghosts and headed her way. However, Carrie was holding her phone to her ear, so Mickey hadn't thought she was speaking to her. It took several moments of Carrie just staring at her to realize her mistake.

"Oh! You're not actually on the phone!" she said, shaking her head, which made Carrie laugh. "My bad. Hi, Care."

Mickey hadn't seen Carrie since telling her about Bobby. But she was smiling, so it likely meant that things were okay between the two girls, which was all Mickey could hope for.

"Not that I'm not happy to see you, but I'm surprised that Julie invited you," Mickey said honestly.

"She didn't," Carrie said, smiling tightly. "I came anyway. I wanted to see you."

"Well, I appreciate it," she said. Then she nervously bit her lip. "Are... are we good? You're not, like, mad at me, are you? I've been worrying that I shouldn't have told you."

Carrie shook her head and smiled softly. "No. I'm really glad you told me. I mean, now this all kind of makes sense — me seeing you and everything. You know, at first, I thought I had a cool ghost friend, but now I have a really cool ghost aunt."

Mickey cringed and let out a chuckle. "Don't call me your aunt. Makes me feel old. I'm only like two years older than you."

"I'll figure out a cute nickname," Carrie said, sounding confident.

"Can't wait to hear it," she said, smiling. "I've gotta get back, but I'll see you after the show. Yeah?"

"Of course. Break a leg."