1 7 | o r p h e u m

and we've entered the last episode. we're almost done here. thank you so much for all the amazing support and comments i've gotten from all of you. it really makes writing this book even better

[1.9]

"didn't you key moira richardson's car"

The four ghosts stood nervously under the Orpheum sign

The four ghosts stood nervously under the Orpheum sign. The marquee that displayed the bands that would be performing for the night read "Panic! At The Disco" and "Downslide," though if all went well, one of them would be absent. Willie was off doing his part of the plan, making sure that Downslide was too far away to get back to LA in time for the show. While they waited for him to get back, they all stood anxiously outside the venue.

"Look, don't worry, guys. Willie said he'd get us on that marquee," Alex assured them.

"This is gonna work, right?" Reggie asked, still not sure about the plan. He hugged Mickey tightly to try and ease some of his nerves.

"It has to," Luke said.

Then another jolt hit them. Reggie kept Mickey from falling over as they both groaned in pain. She rubbed her chest, not sure how much more she could take of those. As the pain started to fade, Willie flashed in behind them.

"Hey, you guys okay?"

"Just peachy," Mickey muttered, leaning weakly against Reggie.

"Yeah," Alex said in a nicer tone. "Yeah, it's nothing we haven't felt before. How'd it go."

"Well, when that opening band wakes up, they're gonna find their bus two hundred miles outside of Vegas with no chance of getting back in time," he said, while showing off the Downslide jacket he had also stolen. "And they'll find itching powder in their shoes."

"Mickey," Alex mumbled, sighing and shaking his head. Willie chuckled and gave Mickey a low-five.

"And that means there's probably a promoter upstairs right about now freaking out," Luke said, grinning.

"Nah. This is Hollywood, man. I'm sure he's being very professional," Willie said, snickering.

Alex glanced at the others before stepping closer to Willie. Mickey grabbed Reggie and nodded to Luke, letting them know to give the two boys some space. Though, they were nosy, so they did watch from afar as the two boys spoke softly.

"They're hugging," Mickey quietly squealed. Reggie chuckled and pulled her into his chest to try and calm her down. "It's so cute."

"Yeah. They're good for each other," Luke said, smiling sadly. "Too bad it's not gonna matter in a few hours."

"Way to be a Debbie downer," Mickey mumbled.

But, he was right, and they all knew it. After a few moments, Willie skated away and the others rejoined Alex, who watched him go with a despondent look on his face.