1 0 | c o v i n g t o n

[1.5]

"it was wonderful to have you up there with me, my dear. you dance beautifully"

Despite Mickey's wishes to be left alone, the guys didn't feel like they should meet with Willie's ghost friend without her

Despite Mickey's wishes to be left alone, the guys didn't feel like they should meet with Willie's ghost friend without her. Alex had been the one to climb up to the loft to tell her about it. She had stopped crying by the time they arrived, but she still was in a horrible mood. However, Mickey agreed to come with them. Maybe finally meeting Willie or some new ghosts would help distract her.

So, Mickey changed out of Bobby's old sweatshirt, which she had put on for comfort, and settled for one of Reggie's dark green flannels. Luke and Reggie had been a little surprised that Alex coaxed her out of the loft on the first try, but they didn't make a comment. They also didn't mention her little breakdown at Trevor's house.

Reggie simply wrapped his arms around Mickey from behind and rested his chin in the crook of her neck, which she appreciated.

Mickey wasn't very enthusiastic when she met Willie, though she managed to smile at him. Of course, he understood — Alex had explained the situation to him beforehand. Maybe he could get to know her better another time. Willie took the four ghosts to some hotel that none of them had ever heard of, even when they were alive.

"Right this way," Willie said, leading them down a hallway with a skip in his step.

"Woah," Luke said, looking around. "So, this is where your hotshot ghost lives, huh?"

"Yeah, we've walked past this hotel, like, a million times. How come we've never heard of it?" Alex asked him.

"That's because this area has been sealed off for decades," Willie explained. "I mean, you would've even know this place exists unless you're invited. All right, I gotta go make sure everything's cool, but I'll be right back."

Once Willie left, the four of them walked over to the railing that looked over the room.

"The Hollywood Ghost Club?" Reggie said, reading it off a sign. He held Mickey a little tighter, not liking the vibe the place was giving him. "This place is creepy."

"Yeah, well, so are we," Alex told him.

"I'm not creepy," Mickey muttered, brushing her hair behind her ear. "I'm adorable."

"The adorablest," Reggie muttered, kissing the top of her head.

"Well, the princess must be feeling at least a little bit better if she can compliment herself," Luke whispered to Alex with a hopeful smile on his face.

"I don't know about this," Reggie said, looking back out over the crowd. The club was full of people who were seemingly having a good time.

"Well, if you get scared, you... you can always hide behind me," Alex told him hesitantly. "I'll be hiding behind Luke."