1 8 | m i c k e y

[1.9]

"i love you too, carrie"

They reappeared at the Hollywood Ghost Club, to the side of the stage

They reappeared at the Hollywood Ghost Club, to the side of the stage. Mickey looked at the guys and saw that they were all in different clothes. Reggie was wearing a red suit, Alex a pink one, and Luke a blue suit. Mickey then glanced down at herself and saw that she was no longer in her sweatpants and leggings. She was now dressed in a dark green, silk dress which was similar to the purple one Caleb had gifted her.

"Well, don't you look nice." They looked up to see Caleb walking up to them.

"Sweet threads," Reggie nervously mumbled.

"How - how'd you know our sizes?" Alex asked, looking down at his sleeves.

"Actually, mine's a little tight, which I don't appreciate," Mickey muttered while trying to pull the short dress down a little.

"That's your question?" Luke asked, glaring at Alex.

Caleb sighed as he looked over them. "I know you boys aren't my biggest fans — though I thought Michelle and I were on the fast track to being friends. And an eternity at my club might seem overwhelming, but I just put you in sweet threads, so humor me this one last pitch. Now, for starters, isn't it nice that you're all here together? And believe me, everything you want, including Willie, is here."

Mickey reached over and held Alex's hand comfortingly. It wasn't fair for Caleb to use Willie like that. Then Caleb stepped towards Luke, focusing on him.

"And on my stage, you don't vanish when the music stops. You soak in the applause for as long as you want. The connection that you will feel with that audience will be like no other. I promise."

Mickey then placed her hand on Luke, letting him know that she was there for him — they were all in it together. However, as she moved, Caleb zeroed in on her.

"What happened, Michelle? I was so upset when you never came back to the club," Caleb said, pouting.

"Well, I decided that I quite like owning my soul. Guess I need to learn to read the fine print before I make any more promises," she snapped back.

Caleb eyed her up and down, taking a step closer. Reggie grabbed her hand and pulled her into his chest protectively.

"I can give you everything you want, Michelle. You were ready to accept my offer happily. What's a tiny little soul in the whole mix of things? Think of it," he said in a persuasive tone. "You, center stage, with a sold-out crowd. All eyes on you. Mesmerized as you dance your little heart out. Can't you just feel the music moving through you? Let me make your dreams come true."

Mickey swallowed thickly and tried to block out his words. Then they heard the crowd outside cheer loudly. "Shh. Do you hear that? They're waiting for you."