8 | t r e v o r w i l s o n

[1.4]

"mickey was the most important person in his life"

The first weekend that the four ghosts spent at the Molina household was a fairly nice one

The first weekend that the four ghosts spent at the Molina household was a fairly nice one. Alex spent most of his time with his new ghost friend — Mickey had annoyed him into telling her that his name was Willie. Luke spent his time with Julie. The pair went through her dream box and worked on potential songs.

That left Mickey and Reggie together for most of the weekend, which of course neither of them complained about. They did all kinds of things together — walked around LA, snuck into movies, and hung out in the loft. It somehow felt normal, as if they hadn't even died. Of course, there was still the lingering reminder in the back of Mickey's mind that Bobby was out there somewhere. But she still wasn't quite ready to search him out, and Reggie respected that. He used the time to help distract her, as she had done for him so many times over the years with his parents.

They were currently up in the loft, and Reggie was letting Mickey paint black nail polish on his fingers to keep herself entertained. Julie and Luke were down below and sitting at the piano, working on a song. Every now and then, they could hear Mickey and Reggie giggle about who knows what, but they were having fun, so they didn't ask them to quiet down.

"So, what's their deal?" Julie asked, glancing up at the loft. She could only see Mickey's feet, which were swinging back and forth in the air as she laid on her stomach. Luke followed her gaze and chuckled. "I mean, I thought they were dating, but then he said he was single after the spirit rally."

"They're both totally in love with each other," Luke stated, leaning against the piano. "Have been since they met, basically. They're each other's best friends, too. Reggie... he didn't have a great home life. And we were all there for him, of course, but most of all Mickey. I can't imagine how many nights he snuck through her window and stayed the night because he didn't want to be at home. She was always the first person he'd go to, and Mickey would be waiting with open arms. They depend on each other."

"So, that's why they're always holding on to each other," Julie realized, nodding in understanding.

"Yeah. And I mean, Mickey shows affection for all of us through touch, but it's different with Reg," he said, smiling softly. "It's like they both light up once they're back in each other's arms. We make jokes about how gross it is, but they're meant to be together. And ever since we died, Reggie's been even clingier."

"That makes sense. I'd think all of you would be closer after going through that."

Luke frowned and looked down at the piano. "It's a little different with her, I think. W - when we died — Mickey was the first one to go. She just, like, dropped and started convulsing. There was nothing any of us could do, and she was gone before it even started for any of us. A - and then after we left the dark room, she wasn't with us. We were all terrified, but if you hadn't been here to distract us, I think Reggie would've had a panic attack. It was just a lot to go through all at once. That's why he freaks out whenever she leaves."