5 | b r i g h t

[1.2]

"i mean, i can still kick you in the shins"

After doing a bit more exploring, the four ghosts made their way back to Julie's house

After doing a bit more exploring, the four ghosts made their way back to Julie's house. It was odd to Mickey how it wasn't hers anymore. The boys, who had always lacked boundaries, had immediately sought out Julie's room to snoop around. Mickey joined them, but stayed by the foot of the bed and just looked over what used to be her bedroom.

Mickey didn't hate the new decorations, but it wasn't her style. The walls were no longer the soft yellow color that she loved so much. Pictures of her friends were replaced with ones of Julie and her own. All of her dance portraits had been removed, as well as the glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling. The bed was closer to the door than Mickey had kept hers, which Reggie was lounging on.

Reggie had tried to coax her onto the bed with him as he made snow angel motions on it, but Mickey stayed put. It felt like a completely different space, and she didn't feel welcome enough to snoop through it like the boys. It was probably a good thing she didn't try to look through Julie's things though, because the young girl soon came in, and she didn't look pleased when she noticed their presence.

"What are you guys doing in my room?" she asked, looking between all of them, annoyed.

"We were looking for the kitchen," Luke quickly lied. Though he was obviously going through the stuff on Julie's shelves.

"I told them not to," Mickey mumbled, looking down at her nails. They were painted pink, and she wondered if they'd stay like that forever now that she was dead. "If it makes you feel better, they did this with my room all the time."

"This - this can't happen. It's creepy," Julie stated, narrowing her eyes at them. "Get off my bed, please."

Reggie quickly hopped up and joined Mickey's side. She smiled at him as he wrapped an arm around her. But after a second, he got tired of standing and ended up sitting on the big pouf at the end of Julie's bed — which was basically sitting on her bed, but Julie didn't bother to fuss at him again.

"Hey, Julie," Luke said, raising his hand like a child in school. Then he pointed at a colorful box on the shelf. "What's in the box?"

"That's off-limits," she stated.

"Oh," Luke said, chuckling. "Oh, Okay. Girl stuff."

"Oh, like butterflies and glitter?" Reggie asked, with a very serious face. Mickey rolled her eyes and ruffled his hair. He smiled and reached up to grab her hand and intertwine it with his.

"Oh, come on," Alex said, scoffing. "I'm sorry about them."

"It's none of your business," Julie snapped. "And yes, there might be some glitter."

Reggie smirked, knowing he was right, and gave a pointed look to Mickey, who grinned at him. Alex went back to trying to pick stuff up, and he finally managed to pick up a framed photo that was on Julie's vanity table.