C H A P T E R F I V E

"And we don't let nobody

Bring us down

No matter what you say,

It won't hurt me

Don't matter if I fall from the sky

These wings are made to fly"
___
~ Wings by Little Mix

C H A P T E R  F I V E

After the performance they all went behind the stage.

"That was so awesome!" Maeve hugged Johnny tightly, which he gladly returned.

"Yes! We finally made it." He grinned at all of them.

When they we're done celebrating, they all had to help pack all their stuff away.

During that time she constantly felt Hawk's eyes on her.

That didn't go unnoticed by her best friend.

"Hey why's Hawk staring at you like that? Did I miss something?" Aisha asked confused.

Maeve groaned. "Don't even ask. I'll call you later and explain." She told her before Aisha hugged her goodbye.

Maeve was packing away the blindfolds when the blue haired boy approached her.

"You look great." He told her nervously, fiddling with one of the broken boards.

"Thank you." Was all she said, without looking at him.

Hawk sighed. "Come on, I'm sorry that I have been an jerk. But for how long are you gonna punish me by going out with Miguel?" He asked, touching her shoulder so she would finally turn to him.

She also let out a sigh before looking up at him.

"I'm not going out with him. When are you going to stop accusing me of dating someone else?" Maeve said annoyed.

"Just show me you care and that you want us to happen and maybe, and just maybe we can't start to be friends again." She told him, looking hopeful.

But all that went away when Moon came up to them and kissed his cheek.

"Hey, babe. You looked so good out there!" She told him, holding his arm.

Hawk wasn't looking at her, he was watching all that hope the blond girl had for them wash away.

"You know what? Just forget it. Have fun you two." She said forcing a smile at Moon.

"Thank you Maeve!" She answered her.

For the second time he watched her walk away from him.

And it broke his heart, that it was him making all the mistakes.

She sat down in the backseat of her dads car and all three of them drove home.

—————

"Hey Maeve! Where are you going?" Johnny asked her as he saw her about to leave the house.

"Oh, didn't I tell you? I'm meeting up with an old friend." She answered holding her purse and phone in her hand.

"At eleven pm?" Johnny asked confused.

"Yeah we're gonna meet up at her house, it's fine." She said shrugging her shoulders.

Johnny raised his eyebrows.

"Alright but don't stay out too long and call me if you wat me to pick you up." He told her still unsure.