C H A P T E R T W E L V E

"So don't go look at me

With that look in your eye

You really ain't going away

Without a fight

You can't be reasoned with,

I'm done being polite

I've told you one, two, three, four, five,

Six thousand times"
___
~ Friends by Anne-Marie, Marshmello

C H A P T E R  T W E L V E

Maeve was talking to Tory and Aisha during the time that her dad and Kreese took to make their teams.

Suddenly Aisha leaned in. "I know he's your ex, but doesn't he look kinda hot in this outfit?" She whispered.

Maeve turned towards the red haired boy who was joking around with Miguel.

This was the first time that she really looked at him today.

He was wearing a black vans T-shirt over an red long sleeve shirt that matched his hair.

For pans he wore some camo colored joggers.

All in all he did look really good, but Maeve decided to keep that information to herself.

She was still starring at him when he turned to look at them.

The blond realized this a little bit to late, making her blush and turn away once she saw him raise a eyebrow at her. Hawk smirked to himself.

"All right, line up." Johnny told them and named the two teams.

Maeve furrowed her eyebrows when her name was the only one not mentioned.

"What about me?" She asked, making everyone turn to her.

Johnny grimaced and took her aside. "Maeve, I know you want to train with them, but I don't think you've had enough training yet." He told her softly.

Maeve didn't have to look at Kreese to know what he was thinking, which made her get even more annoyed.

"Look, I know you want to protect me, but I can handle this. Besides I have to get used to someone coming at me other then Miguel." She told him quietly, so no one but him could hear her.

Johnny sighed, but nodded.

Maeve turned towards Kreese with a smirk.

"I believe you're one short?" She asked him pointing at the red headbands he was holding.

The older man studied her for a moment before handing her one of them.

Miguel's face fell once he saw her standing next to Aisha.

"Um, sensei, don't you think it'd be better if she was on my team?" He asked Johnny, making her frown.

Johnny only shrugged his shoulders with an eye roll, saying that he himself already tried.

"What? Don't want me to beat your ass?" Maeve asked smirking at him, while putting the headband on over her braids.

Hawk chuckled at her cockiness.

Miguel tied to smile back at her, not quiet convinced.

"Gentleman, ladies. Welcome to Coyote Creek. You've been split into two teams. Red..." He held the red headbands up.