C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N

"You kill my mind

Raise my body

Back to life

And I don't know what I'd do

Without you now"
___
~ Kill My Mind by Louis Tomlinson

C H A P T E R  T H I R T E E N

The next morning Maeve woke up to the smell of burned ham.

She groaned and checked her phone to see if Miguel texted back.

And sure enough there were ten texts and fifteen calls from the dark haired boy saying how sorry he is and if she was ok.

Maeve smiled softly and slowly got up. She let out a groan again, at the pounding in her skull.

In the kitchen Johnny was drinking some orange juice and eating his ham. When he saw Maeve he grimaced.

"You look awful." He told her, making the younger blond glare at him. "Thanks, dad." He rolled his eyes at his daughter, trying to hold back a smile.

"You put on a good fight I heard. You want to put some ice on that?" He asked her, pointing at her red, slightly swollen nose. "Yeah." She told him, making Johnny get out a bag of frozen chicken wings and holding it in her direction.

"Thanks." She told him quietly.

"I kicked Kreese out. He wasn't good for the team." Johnny told her after both of them finished their breakfast.

"Finally!" She almost screamed. "I always thought he had something up his sleeve. The only good thing he did was challenge me to train with everyone." She told him. Johnny just chuckled at his daughter and ruffled up her hair.

Maeve texted Miguel to meet her outside, so she slowly began to put on her shoes.

"See you at the dojo." Maeve told her dad before leaving.

The dark haired boy already stood outside, leaning against a wall.

"Hey." She said approaching him.

His head abruptly turned towards her. "Hey, are you ok? I got worried when you didn't pick up the phone." He told her.

"My nose hurts like a bitch, but other then that I'm fine. Anyway, I wanted to talk about the fight between you and Hawk yesterday." She told him as they started walking towards the dojo.

Miguel sighed softly. "I wish I didn't have to tell you." He stopped and grabbed both of her hands in his.

"He was the one who trashed Miyagi-Do." He told her.

Maeve just starred at him, shocked. "I knew it." She whispered and made her way towards the dojo.

"From the moment Mr. LaRusso came to our dojo, I just knew it was him!" She yelled and almost ran to the dojo.

Miguel thought it was better to let her cool off a little before they got there, so he didn't try to stop her.

Only when Maeve was about to open the door did he grab her arm. "Hey, what do you plan to do?" He asked her gently.

When she turned to glare at him, he could really tell that she's related to Johnny, they both had the same fire in their eyes when they were angry.

"I just want an explanation." She told him.

After he realized that he couldn't change her mind, he let her go. And to his relive Hawk wasn't there yet, which in turn annoyed Maeve.

So to calm her down he started to plan their next date as they stretched together. "What about Friday?" He asked her.