C H A P T E R E I G H T

"Go, shorty

It's your birthday

We gon' party like

it's your birthday

We gon' sip Bacardi like

it's your birthday"
___
~ In da Club by 50 Cent

C H A P T E R  E I G H T

Later that night the short blond was laying in her bed smiling, thinking about those brown eyes that made her heart go faster.

Suddenly her phone began to ring, making her stop daydreaming.

Maeve furrowed her brows when she saw Demetri's face pop up on her screen and picked up.

"Hey, is everything ok?" She immediately asked.

"No! Nothing's ok. I got beat up by Eli... or Hawk whatever."

Maeve was shocked, but before she could say anything, he began to ramble.

"So I was at the mall with Sam and Robby and I remembered that this comic was coming out today, so obviously I went to get it. Suddenly Hawk and his gang showed up and threatened me to take down my Yelp review, which I'm sorry I know he's your dad, but someone had to say something. He then kicked me so I ran away and luckily Sam and Robby were still there. So everyone started fighting and we won. I still feel bad for just standing there, but Mr. L is still trying to teach me."

Maeve just sat there wide eyed.

So this is where Hawk got his red eye.

She was angry at him for hurting his best friend, so what he wrote a bed review, there were so many other reviews saying how good the dojo is.

No wonder Moon broke up with him.

"It's ok, I'm not mad. That sounds horrible, are you and the others ok?" She asked worried.

"Yeah, we're ok. So your birthday's coming up?" Demetri asked nervously.

Maeve sighed, she had spent a lot of time thinking about how she could split her time to be with both groups.

"Yeah, I was thinking we could all go eat ice cream sometime?" She asked him.

"When you say all of us, you only mean yourself, Robby, Sam and myself right?"

Maeve chuckled at his honesty.

"I don't know about Sam, but yeah just us." She told him.

"All right. See you then." He told her and they hung up.

Maeve let herself fall back onto her bed, groaning.

—————

When Maeve was eating her breakfast the next morning, there was loud knocking on her door.

Maeve groaned and went to open it, revealing Tory.

"Mornin'." Maeve told her, her mouth full with toast.