C H A P T E R E L E V E N

"All of my life,

It's been heartbreak weather

Thinking to myself

It won't get better

It can be so lonely

In this city

But it feels different

When you're with me"
___
~ Heartbreak Weather by Niall Horan

C H A P T E R  E L E V E N

When Maeve and Miguel entered the dojo the next morning, Maeve immediately went to catch up with her friends, but Miguel stayed behind.

"Aren't you coming?" Maeve asked him confused.

"I'll be right back. I just wanted to talk to sensei Kreese for a second." He told her.

"All right." She gave him a quick kiss and went to sit by Aisha and Tory, but was surprised once she saw Hawk already sitting with them.

Maeve hesitated for a moment, but then sat down with them when she remembered their talk on her birthday.

"Hey guys." Maeve smiled and sat down beside Aisha.

Everyone turned to greet her back.

"So, what are we talking about?" The blond asked them.

"Just about yesterday's lesson." Tory answered her. 

Maeve nodded and quickly turned to Hawk with an worried face. "How's your shoulder feeling?"

Hawk looked surprised. "Oh, I'm good. Nothing to worry about." He told her smiling.

He was glad that she was finally talking to him again.

"You did really great yesterday. Had some good moves." He continued, not wanting to end the conversation.

Maeve blushed, an old habit that she just couldn't tun off near him. "Thanks." Maeve said quietly.

"Well, she did have a good teacher." Tory told them giggling with Aisha, watching Miguel come towards them.

Hawk turned to where they were looking and immediately rolled his eyes.

"What did I miss?" Miguel asked them sitting down.

"Not much, we were just talking about yesterday's class." Maeve told him quickly. 

But before he could answer Kreese came in and told them to get in line.

Maeve stood in between Aisha and Hawk, training the moves that Kreese taught them.

"Cobra Kai is not a hobby. It's not a club. Cobra Kai is your brothers... and your sisters. You are all Cobra Kai for life. Because Cobra Kai never dies."