C H A P T E R S I X T E E N

"You're stuck

In my head

And I can't get

You out of it

If I cold do it all again

I know I'd go back to you"
___
~ Back To You by Selena Gomez

C H A P T E R  S I X T E E N

The next morning Maeve woke up to something smashing in the living room and loud voices.

"Dad, stop!"

"Don't!"

These voices sounded familiar to her, so she quickly got out of her bed and went into the living room.

Standing there were an angry Daniel and her dad both in fighting position, while Robby and Sam held them back.

"What the fuck is she doing here?!" Maeve asked angrily, her eyes not once leaving Sam.

Sam looked up at her with an apologetic look on her face. "Maeve, look I'm sorry ab-"

But Maeve didn't let her finish. "After what you did last night, you have the nerve to show up in my apartment? And stay the night?!" Maeve took a step towards her but Robby held her back.

"Why didn't you call or text us?!" Daniel was screaming at his daughter, while Sam was stuttering, overwhelmed with everything.

Robby turned to Daniel, still holding the short girl in his arms.

"Mr. LaRusso, it was my fault. I brought her here." He tried to take the blame.

Daniel turned to him looking betrayed.

"Wait, don't even start. I gave you a second chance. This whole thing was a mistake. You know, you wanna end up like him, that's up to you." He yelled at her half brother.

"All right, come on, Sam." He grabbed her arm and tried to push her towards the door, but she stopped him.

"Please, dad..." She pealed.

"Sam, I don't wanna hear it. Let's go." She finally followed him.

"Yeah, fuck off! You better hope you don't cross me again!" After that Maeve ripped herself away from her brother and went to her room, slamming the door shut.

She immediately called Tory and told her everything that just happened.

And after about two hours of talking trash about Sam, Tory told her that she had a plan for tomorrow, the first day of school.

When they hung up, Maeve saw lots of missed calls from Miguel, even a few voicemails.

He also left a lot of texts about how sorry he was.

But Maeve didn't reply to them.

Right as she was about to turn her phone off a new message popped up.

She groaned, thinking that it's Miguel again, but instead it's from Hawk.

'Hey, how are you feeling?' He asked.

Maeve smiled.

'I'm better now, thanks.' She answered.

'That's great. Wanna hang out after school tomorrow?' The red haired boy asked.

Maeve hesitated for a moment, an distraction sounded really great.

'Sure, what did you have in mind?'