Chapter 1

I wanted to run, I wanted to run faster, pushing my strongly tanned legs to their breaking point. But I was unable to do so. I was deprived of my strength.  It was my very own fault though, it is what I get for not feeding in four days. It was a very foolish thing to do. But I did not have a choice. I had other things to concern about these past days.  
An alluring scent I had managed to pick up before was only a couple miles away. If I kept up this pace I would get there soon. I was running as fast as I could, but it was not fast enough for my delight. Not feeding for this long made me weaker, not weak! But weaker. No one would dare calling me weak. I was feared by many creatures.

My intense hunger was clouding my mind, I knew I was not entirely in control over my own body and I was not thinking rational. But I did not care. My body needed the blood just as much as I wanted it. Another wave of the scent washed over me, with my nostrils flaring it was undoubtedly clear, I was craving for this blood. It was clearly a female's blood by the smell of it. A young female's to be a tad more precise. I prefer  female's blood. Many of my kind do. Male's blood is just less... satisfying. I would chose female's blood over male's blood any time.

You can smell the difference easily.

Female's blood is has much more of a sweet smell when you compare it to male's blood. Some people think that the reason to that is because we are males that we prefer female's. But I think that is that is not the case. Female vampires normally prefer female's blood as well. Like I had explained before, the taste is sweeter.

You could compare it to alcohol. When a sad man, really wants to get drunk, than he shall reach for scotch and shall leave the red wine alone. If his intentions are to get drunk quickly, he shall always reach for the most alcohol provided drink, which in this case was the scotch.

I am not sure but I do not think this was a convincing example, let me try this with something else. Since most of you possibly are not even allowed to drink alcohol yet. But I can, I have lived many centuries so the under-age rule does not really apply in my case.

Compare it with chili sauce, you have the normal chili sauce and the hot spicy chili sauce, the hot spicy chili sauce is much better than the normal chili sauce. Well, there, that should explain it. However I do not know where my comparison with chili sauce came from. Perhaps it is the burning fire in the back of my throat. I've hated the feeling, the burning sensation, the unstoppable thirst  ever since I started existing.

To be free with my honest I cannot remember the last time I ate chili sauce. Not that I could not eat or drink besides the blood I feed on, I just did not have the urge to eat pointless things if the only thing satisfying my thirst is blood.

However a male's blood is bitter. Yet it is still outstandingly delicious. Blood is blood. And if you're hungry you would take whatever you come across with.

I had made up my mind. I wanted the girl's blood. The blood I could smell from miles away. Her scent was mouthwatering. I wanted it, and I would get it.

The smell had gotten stronger as I slowed my pace reaching an old house. It was not big and had nothing impressive about it. It had a creamy white color on the outside, however you could clearly see that the house has not been taken care of properly in a long time. It does not look very home-like to me. Not that I would know, I have not been able to call a place 'home' in 200 years. And I did not care. All I cared about was blood. The delicious thick, dark red liquid that would slowly ooze out of a human's vein.

The house had three normal sized windows on the facade. One large window wall of the ground floor. The curtains were closed, probably because it was night, I could not help but noticing a little bit of light shining past the curtains. I closed my eyes and attempted  to smell if there was any other person presence besides the girl.