4: The Walk Home

(R/A) ~ Random Address

------------------------------------------------------

When I told Daichi, he thought me being a libero who sets was a great idea. For the rest of practice, I got to work on my sets. Like in P.E with Tanaka when we were younger, we were in sync with each other. Everyone kept on comparing us to Hinata and Kageyama with their quick attack. When I worked on receives, I found out I'm actually really good at them. I was able to get one of Asahi's spikes up and was close to doing the same with one of Hinata's.

"Noya!" I shout from outside the club room after practice, "Hurry up! I barely remember where my house is and my parents don't know I came here!"

"I'm coming sheesh!" He walks out, "You were so reserved earlier (L/N). I didn't think you would be the one rushing me now."

"It's because he got reunited with his bro," Tanaka smirks from next to me.

Nishinoya rolls his eyes and we walk past the school gates.

"Where do you even live (L/N)?" Nishinoya asks.

"Uh," I pull out my phone to check the text from my mom, "(R/A) is what I was told."

Tanaka gives me that "bro" look.

"Me and Saeko are right next door!"

I let out a chuckle and the three of us silently walk the rest of the way. Nishinoya has to split easily so we exchange numbers before exchanging goodbyes.

"I got a quick question for you," Tanaka says to me after Noya leaves.

"Shoot."

"You're a guy right?"

"Yeah... any reason for asking?"

"It's just," He pauses, "As kids, you were always called a girl and you used the girl's bathroom. I saw you as a guy anyway so I didn't want to offend you or anything."

I think for a moment. We know basically everything about each other and support each other through everything but I was always reluctant to tell him about me questioning my gender identity in junior high.

"You know what trans is?" I blurt out, unable to stop myself.

"That's where someone is born in one body but doesn't identify that way right? Like being born male, but actually being a girl?"

"That is correct."

"Can I ask why you wanted to know?"

This could make or break our friendship.

"I'm trans," I confess, "I was born a girl but I'm actually a guy."

Tanaka is silent for a moment. We stop in the middle of the sidewalk as I wait for his reaction.

"That's cool bro," He turns to me, "I mean, thank you for trusting me with this. Besides the fact that I'm going to make sure people use the correct pronouns for you and make sure you bind correctly, this doesn't change anything between us. Anything else I should know?"

"I'm hella gay," I say after a pause, "I simp over them boys."

Tanaka and I start laughing to where I'm clutching my stomach in pain.

"The wording you used," Tanaka gets out between breathes, "The actual fuck?"

"I know," I smile, "But we gotta get home. Oh, and no telling people I'm trans."

He nods his head and we continue our way home. I get his number before walking inside my house. A note lays on the counter.

"We'll be home late," It heads in my mom's handwriting, "Food should be in the fridge if you're hungry. Love you Rin! Mom."

I rip up the paper and go to my barren room. I change out of Tanaka's clothes and put them aside to wash. After changing into some pajamas, I lay down and go into a dreamless sleep.

Sorry for a shorter chapter! It's Halloween and I just went with it! I hope you like the song I put at the top (I had to put Mrs Pumpkin ok).

🏐October 31st, 2020🏐