7: Listing

(F/B) ~ Favorite Band

------------------------------------------------------

*Time skip a couple weeks powered by the amount of time Noya probably takes to do his hair*

"We got a match!" Takeda yells, running in as I'm working on my receives in practice which causes me to get hit in the face with one of Kageyama's serves.

"Fuck!" I shout and clutch where I got hit.

"You good (L/N)?" Noya rushes up to me, checking to make sure I'm fine.

Suga runs over, taking my head from Noya.

"He's good," Suga says and Noya let's out a sigh of relief, "But what about a match?"

"Well," Takeda explains, "It isn't exactly a match."

Ukai comes in and we sit in a semi circle by a wall, Noya and Tsukishima sitting on either side of me.

"So," I start, "What's this 'match' you were talking about Takeda?"

"Right," He looks at his clipboard, "Coach Nekomata from Nekoma has invited us to a training camp with many powerhouse schools. This will be a great way to work as a group. Of course that means you will have to do well on your exams with supplementary classes being the same weekend."

I look over at Nishinoya. He and Tanaka, who is right next to him, look dead. Hinata and Kageyama have the same face too.

"Did you guys forget?" I chuckle, "Like, did you actually forget about final exams?"

The two second years get up and start running away. I facepalm as Ennoshita stops them from running from their problems. From there on, chaos unfolds and I stick by the other two underappreciated second years to blend in. Ukai decides to end practice early and we get our stuff from the club room.

"I guess you two are going to need help studying," I tell Tanaka and Noya as we walk home.

"Duh," Noya groans, "This stuff is difficult."

"I'm getting Saeko's help for this," Tanaka replies.

"Or you can get mine," I say, causing the two to look at me, "What? I've been helping Ennoshita out with his studies during practice. It's pretty easy and I'll gladly help."

Soon enough, the two start pleading for me to help them.

"Alright!" I smile, "I already said I'll do it! My parents are out on another trip and need me to be at home for a package or something. I'm still allowed out though so maybe Tanaka's place this Saturday at noon?"

"Saeko will be at work or something," Tanaka says, "So as long as we clean up and shit, we should be good."

We head to the stop where me and Tanaka split with Noya. Before leaving his way, Noya turns to me.

"Thanks (L/N)," Noya says, "You don't have to help us you know."

"No problem dude," I say, "I got nothing better to do anyway."

The libero gives me a hug before running off, causing me to blush.

"Is (L/N)(Y/N) blushing?" Tanaka teases, "Does he have a little thing for Noya?"

I send a glare over to him. Tanaka tenses up but relaxes when I sigh.

"What do you think?" I ask the baldy, making his eyes wide."

"Wait, you do? I was only guessing tha-"

"No! I don't have a crush on Noya. It's just-" I pause, "-want to know what you think. I mean, you're used to falling for others right? Last time I liked someone was back in junior high. So, uh, wanna help a brother out?"

"Well, it seems to me that you like Noya. When he got sick a couple weeks ago you made me go with you to make sure he was good. And ever since he won you that (F/A) plush, you haven't stayed the night at my place without it. Not to mention, you just blushed when he hugged you and you've been blushing a lot recently."

Tanaka shrugs before continuing.

"But who am I to say anything about your feelings? If I were you I would take the night to try and figure everything out."

I shoot him a smile as we continue home. I head into my house and Tanaka to his. Once I'm in my room, now covered in posters of (F/B) and (F/S), I lay on my bed and stare up at the ceiling.

"Do I like him?" I ask to no one.

I take my phone out and start looking up ways to know you like someone. After scrolling past quizzes and other things that seem like nonsense, I begin to give up until I find one article.

"Write down what you like about them," It says.

For a moment, I debate whether I should sleep as it was getting late or try to figure out feelings and stuff. I choose the latter and take out a paper and pencil.

"What I like about Nishinoya Yū," I write down at the top before I start listing, "His smile. His humor. His laugh. His hair..."

I continue to write until the paper is filled. I don't have to look in the mirror to tell in blushing badly.

"Oh shit," I groan in realization, "Oh shit. I have a crush on Noya."

I flop back onto my bed. When I grab my phone to text Tanaka about what I found out, I finally take note of the time.

It's three in the morning, basically four by now. I have to "wake up" in two hours for morning practice. I can barely survive with my normal sleep schedule, how am I going to survive with no sleep.

To make sure I'm not up longer, I quickly change and head to bed.

Sup! It's Thanksgiving break now for me and I got a whole week off school (Florida is weird. In Jersey we would only get Thursday and Friday off with Wednesday being a half day) and I have a live stream to get too in a few hours! I hope you guys have a wonderful day/evening!

🏐November 21st 2020🏐