The Beginning

It has been 30 years since the war ended.

It was within those 30 years that countless men, women, and children were slaughtered for the entertainment of the rich. From the ashes and rubble of cities that were destroyed, the now thriving Capitol of Panem came to an agreement. That by creating the Hunger Games, Panem will live in peace and avoid another uprising. 13 districts were created to separate the people of Panem, giving the residents a better purpose in life than just war. However, at the very end of the rebellion, the 13 districts were dropped down to 12. District 13 was destroyed by the Capitol, essentially being removed from history.

Moving out from the Capitol, the districts were positioned further out depending on their numbers. District 1 would be the closest to the Capitol, District 12 being the furthest. When District 13 was still an official district, District 13 had been the furthest. Each district also supplied necessary items and supplies for other districts, and even the Capitol.

District 1 specialized in producing luxury items such as jewelry. Those who lived there illegally trained at a young age to volunteer and participate within the Games. They took pride in representing District 1, and the two tributes from this district were often given a reputation known as the "Careers". Along with a few other tributes from select districts, they train and prepare to be powerful in both physical and mental attributes. 

District 2 specialized in stone cutting, weapons manufacturing, supplying and training Peacekeepers for the Capitol's army. District 2 is a large district in the mountains, just south of the Capitol. Its citizens have better living conditions than most other districts and support for Capitol control is stronger here than any other district. Peacekeepers heavily guard the streets, the crime rate low unlike other districts. Like the previously mentioned district, tributes within this district also train from a young age to be powerful and strong within the Games, also being given the reputation of being "Careers". Like other districts, the trained tributes often volunteer during the reaping, making the selection very difficult in the end.

District 3 specialized in the production of technology and electronics. Most of its residents work in factories and are very adept in skills such as engineering, which its tributes have used to their advantage in the Games. Although District 3 seems to have technological advantages over other districts, it is actually the poorest of the wealthy districts and typically does not well during the Games. Most residents, if their talents are deemed useful, are hired by businesses in the Capitol to advance any technological features within the city.

District 4 is a coastal district that specialized in aquaculture and wild fisheries, along with other water-based activities.. The district rests directly west of the Capitol. It is another wealthy district in which children often train to become "Careers". It is said that District 4 has the most "decent-looking" people within the 12 Districts. The most common tools within the district are fishing nets, tridents, and fishing rods. 

District 5 specialized in electrical power, the district itself dotted with damns, providing the Capitol with a large portion of electricity, the remaining power going to District 5. As the districts move further out away from the Capitol, the importance of tributes begins to drops in the people's eyes. Some tributes may be treated with respect, while others aren't even given second glances from those in higher power. Unless a tribute wins the Games, the Capitol never bothers with the tributes who don't make it a goal to catch the attention of the people of Panem.

District 6 specialized in transportation, serving as a hub for the transportation network. The districts utilize train networks, going through District 6 to get to the Capitol. Boats of fishermen dicked nearby, and any residents of other districts were forbidden to cross their respective boarders. Within District 6, there was a severe drug problem running through the residents, morphling. Nearly everyone was addicted to the stuff, this psychoactive drug filling the residents with a constant drive to find their dealers and hide away from the Peacekeepers.