|a letter to my younger self|

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰
𝐴 𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑣𝑖𝑒𝑤 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑎𝑠𝑡
𝐼 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡
𝑇𝑟𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑚𝑒, 𝐼 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤
𝑌𝑎 𝑛𝑜 𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑒𝑟𝑜 𝑞𝑢𝑒 𝑙𝑙𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑠
𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑢𝑛𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑓𝑙𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑠
𝐀 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐛𝐲 𝐀𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐫 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐢𝐝
⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

⋅} ────── ⊰

Dear Ray,

My name is Luna Josefine Silver, I'm reaching out because I learned that you are my dad. I never knew about you, really if I'm being honest I never wanted to meet my dad or want to get my questions answered. But that was when I was a kid, now I'm almost an adult or at least for the most part my age says that I am an adult. In the past months my life has changed so much, in a way that I can never explain through text but it made me remember something.

It made me remember the poem you wrote me, i hope you'd be glad to know that I love it. Every now and then I still read it or recite it because i have it memorized but I also remember meeting you. It probably wasn't the best father-daughter meeting, I must have looked like a blubbering idiot, yet you did introduce yourself at a funeral so thats partly on you.

You have to know that growing up I never resented you, I always just didn't feel anything for you because to me you never existed. So how could I feel anything for a stranger? Growing up dad's had many quirks, were strong and loving but also evil (never to me), so in a way I didn't allow myself to think of the possibilities that these dads I was surrounded by could be like you.

Mom once told you that I would contact you, and that I may hate her (don't ask how I know), but honestly in the past year with everything that I've learned about my mom my feeling for her are complicated. Meaning that my feelings for you are also complicated because I don't know you but in a way I do because I know that you gave me my blue eyes, curly hair, and light skin. So I thank you for that because its made my life a bit easier, it gave me a certain privilege in society and it still does. I do got to admit having light-colored eyes is a pain when being out in the sun and maybe thats another thing we have in common.

You wrote me a poem and told me that I am everything regardless of what I am not, thank you. If you still think so, i'd like to meet you. I was going to try to get into MIT and then maybe get the courage to meet you in person but I don't think that school is for me (also I'm sort of a high school drop out so applying would take longer). You see MIT doesn't have an art program nor am I good at math or science (not the reason I became a sort of high school drop out). On the bright side if there is something you should know about me is that I'm an artist, I love astronomy, love naps with a passion and I'm happy.

After mom died, I went to live with a the Yorkes (they have their quirks) and I loved it because I got to know what it was like it have sisters. Molly and Gert, both completely opposite but their optimism and pessimism on life helped me be better. Also the whole 'the past year my life had changes can't explain' bit, you probably saw me on the news (that is if you get Los Angeles news alerts on new wanted people). If not totally disregard that bit of information, our names were cleared and charges were dropped.

Being wanted by the police wasn't the life-changing bit, the life changing bit was what happened once me and my old group of friends reunited (if you looked up the wanted poster, those are my group of friends). From making amends, learning how to be friends again, people dating within the group, and being on the run. If you must know yes I did date one of my friends, past tense because as I write this letter we are broken up (totally his fault).

If you do want to meet me, write back and if you don't I understand, you have a life and probably a family. I wont be hurt or disappointed if you don't reach out, I have my chosen family and I love them all to bits. Plus, I would never want to disrupt your life for the worse, so I apologize for the very messy out of thought letter.

With a lot of love your daughter,

     Luna

A/N: this is what luna wrote on Alex's computer when she stayed in the Hostel alone