𝟹♕

☽☽

☽☽—

☽☽

__

"what the hell was that?!" briana questions.

"a gunshot." you reply blankly.

you're calm but your heart is pounding. you're frozen in place.

"should we go check it out?" she asks.

"i don't think we should to be honest, it's not our business." you try and steady your breathing.

"but we could be in danger."

"bri, if we get in trouble by some of his men, i swear."

"goodbye you're literally dating the boss, we'll be fine." she says.

she grabs your hand and you walk through the corridor. you try to find stairs leading towards the basement. you know you're close when you hear muffled screams and punching noises.

"are they...?"

"possibly. but bri we knew what we were getting into. we knew we were stepping into the mafia world, the underworld. but you know this isn't new to us.

"i know, it's just been so long. we should just go back upstairs." she squeezes your hand tightly.

"well well, aren't you some pretty little things. did boss order you for us?"

one of ren's men comes up to you two. being the good friend you are, you push briana behind you so you could handle the situation.

"do you need something, or are you just going to stand in the way?" you mouth him off.

"do you know who i am, or do i need to show you?" the man says.

"i couldn't care less about who you are, i'll still beat your ass."

the man launches at you, you dodge then grab his arm and twist it behind his back. he uses his free hand to pull out a gun, which you immediately take away and point it at his head. the man yells in pain as you dig your knee into his back.

you hear footsteps from behind and glance to see ren and a couple of his men.

"what the hell is going on?!" his tone ferocious and demanding.

"this guy basically called us escorts so i took him down a notch." you kneel further into the guy.

"i'll take care of him later for that, but why're two down here anyway?" ren replies.

"me and briana were talking in the kitchen and heard a gunshot. she wanted to make sure that you and kaito weren't hurt." you explain.

"thank you for the concern but this is what we do. if you two would have gotten hurt. these men wouldn't be alive and there would be even more blood on my hands."

"boss, you would kill your own men because of these two tramps?" the man says.

"one, they're not tramps. no where near that and second yes, i wouldn't even hesitate to kill you."

ren walks over to you, helps you up then leans down towards your ear.

"hey, can we go upstairs i'm really tired out and last night was the best sleep ever because you were here." he whispers.

"yeah of course." you smile at his request.

kaito comes out the basement room and sees what's going on. he pushes past the men who are watching attentively and hugs briana. you smile at his actions.

"boss, just who exactly are these girls?" another one of ren's men asks.

"none of your damn business, but you touch them and me and kaito won't hesitate to put a bullet between your eyes."

"now get back to work, i don't pay you to get into me and my brother's business." he demands.

"you sure you two are alright?" ren asks.

you and briana both nod. all four of you head upstairs, then separate to the guys' rooms.

you lay in bed first while ren showers. you listen to some music for a while and feel very relaxed.

unbeknownst to you, ren gets out the shower and lays down next to you. you look over at him and smile. the way his eyes lock with yours and the way he strokes your cheek affectionately.

he takes a chance and places an amiable kiss on your lips and it's ever so delicate. what he didn't expect was you deepening the kiss.

xx.