harry potter

I've always loved watching the snow. It covers the ground like a thick blanket in the winter. But when the snow melts away, it leaves the nature it once covered bare. 

My breath fogs up the glass and I shiver, rubbing my arms. The fire crackles behind me but I have no desire to sit near it. I prefer watching the snow fall, I prefer spotting the little detailed snowflakes. 

"Hey," a voice says behind me.

I direct my attention away from the window to the boy behind me. Harry. "Hi," I reply. 

I scoot over to make room for him on the windowsill. He sits, wrapping a blanket around my shoulders. I bite my lip, unable to contain my smile. I pull it closer to me, looking back out the window. 

He hands me a mug filled with hot chocolate, and exactly five marshmallows. My lucky number. 

"Thank you," I say.

He pulls me closer to his chest, and I wrap my arms around his neck. He kisses my head gently. "You know I love you, right?"

I look up at him. "I love you too."

It's the little things. Like five marshmallows or gentle kisses that make me remember these moments forever. These moments that make me love him more than I think is even possible. 

We sit in silence as the snow falls outside the window and the fire crackles behind us, but neither of us move, enjoying each other's presence.