harry potter

"The boy who lived, eh?" Mother snarls, walking slowly around the boy I've known for years.

"Mother!" I yell, my eyes filled with tears. "He hasn't done anything to you!"

"Quiet," she says sternly, drawing her hand back to slap me.

The impact is painful and leaves my cheek stinging. I blink the tears away, tilting my head to the side to look at Harry. His eyes show no fear.

"If you don't shut up child, Lord Voldemort will murder you himself," Mother crosses her arms, the moonlight shining on her pale face.

"Bellatrix, she has nothing to do with this. Let her leave," Harry insists.

I shake my head, willing him to be quiet. "No," I whisper. "No, Harry no. I can't let you die."

His face is so alert, but I feel so tired. So tired of fighting. Harry says, "Fight through, Y/N, fight through."

The tears start falling, streaming out of my eyes like a rushing waterfall. I nod to him, and I'm almost positive he understands. I make the slightest gesture to my robes, pulling the wand out slowly. His wand is tucked up his coat sleeve. I stop, not trying to make it too obvious we're planning something.

Suddenly, Harry makes such a quick movement, yelling out, "Expelliarmus!"

My mother's wand flies away from her hand and I scramble after Harry.

"Come on, Y/N!" Harry shouts urgently.

I follow him towards the door, taking one last look at my mother before Harry and I hop on his broom, flying away.

"I'm so sorry Harry. I didn't want to be born as her child, if I could take it all back I would. I don't want to put you in any danger-" I'm cut short by his reply.

"Y/N, it's not your fault. It's Bellatrix's. Don't blame yourself." The wind blows his brown hair around and strands stick out.

We land moments later in a grassy field. I hop off and crumble to the ground. I can't bear it anymore.

Harry's arm slides around my waist, bringing me to my feet. His warm hand takes mine. "Look at me."

I look up, ashamed.

"I'm not going to let her hurt you anymore. But I need you to go somewhere safe until this is all over. I promise I'll be back for you, I just can't risk losing you. Promise me you'll go somewhere safe and you will not leave until I come for you," Harry's voice is so steady, it calms my racing heart just slightly.

"I promise Harry," I whisper.

He leans forward, kissing me on the forehead. I feel static where he kissed, and I feel warm inside. Fate will reunite us, no matter what challenges we face. I will prove my mother wrong. The boy who lived will be the boy I loved.