fred weasley

"You like Fred!" Ginny teases me, a smile plastered across her face.

My face grows hot. "Ginny, shh! They'll hear you!"

Rolling her eyes, she replies, "I cannot believe it!"

I play with the hem of my shirt. "Ginny, it's no big deal. He doesn't like me anyways, it's just a crush," I remark.

Ginny gives me a knowing look. "Oh come on." She takes my hand and leads me down the stairs.

"Ginny, where are we going?" I ask nervously as she leads me through the Weasley home.

She smiles, not answering my question. I continue to follow her as we walk out the door. The twins are running around in the field.

"Y/N!" Fred calls out.

I wave, turning to scowl at Ginny. She pushes me forward.

I walk towards the boys as Fred approaches.

"Hey, nice to see you out here," he smiles warmly.

"Yeah," I reply. "What're you two doing?"

He chuckles, watching George as he runs through the field. "Just admiring the field at this time of year."

I glance at the flowers surrounding us. "Beautiful, isn't it?"

He nods, then taps my shoulder, breaking into a run. "You're it!"

I let out a light laugh, running after him. "Fred, come back!" I shout.

I begin to catch up to him, only a few feet behind him. I extend my arm, my hand touching his shoulder. He stops abruptly and I bump into him, the two of us falling to the ground in the middle of the field of flowers.

We're laughing hysterically when I rise to a sitting position. "Well, that hurt," I say.

He stands, and I stand up beside him. "You have a flower in your hair," he comments, his hand behind my ear. "It looks beautiful."

I blush, looking at my feet. "Well, we probably should get back for dinner. With Harry and Hermione here too, I'm sure your mom wants us to all eat together-"

I'm cut off by his lips on mine. Startled, I don't move, until I let myself relax. When we part, his eyes search my face for something. When I smile he takes my hand and we walk back to the house.