draco malfoy(part 2)

He's everywhere. In the halls, in my classes, even in my damn dreams. It's like I can't erase him from my life.

I can't help but feel sorry when he gives me apologetic smiles, or gives me simple compliments. But I can't give in. I can't be with someone like that, right?

"Y/N," Hermione says, snapping her fingers in front of my face.

I stare at her, clearing my mind of the boy. "Sorry, what was that?" I ask.

"I asked what your plans were for Christmas. Are you staying at the school this year? We do get to leave tomorrow after all," Hermione says.

I frown, pulling a loose thread. "My parents say that my brother got into loads of trouble, so I can't go back. I wish I could though."

Her glittering eyes flicker with what I presume as pity. "I wish I could take you with me. Maybe you can ask Ron? I'm sure Molly would be thrilled!" she suggests.

"No, I don't want to disturb their family time. It's really not a big deal."

She closes her book, standing up from the chair. "Well, I should get packing. See me out when I leave tomorrow?"

I nod, watching as she leaves the library. Once she's gone I rest my head in my hands, holding back tears. I'll be completely alone on Christmas.

I wave, watching as each of my friends leaves the castle. When the snow is too thick for me to see them anymore, I turn back and walk to the common room.

I sulk around the castle until the sky begins to darken, deciding to head back to the Great Hall.

"Y/N," a voice calls. The voice is Draco's.

I turn around, holding my breath. "Draco," I say cooly.

"Alone on Christmas too?" he questions, inching closer.

I step back. "Yes, and you? I'm surprised you're not with your father," I spit it out, but I don't mean to sound so rude.

His face contorts and for a split second I feel guilty, but then I'm reminded of his constant rude remarks to some of my best friends.

"Listen," Draco begins, "I'm a terrible person, I know that. We've been through this, come on Y/N, it's been months! I can change! I will change for you. Just please, give me a chance." I can hear the desperation in his voice.

I can feel the crease forming between my brows. "Then why haven't you? It's been months, and you're still such a jerk to my friends!"

"I didn't know your friends were part of the deal," Draco spats. "I don't want to be with your friends, I just want you. Because you can change me, and you're a good person. Please, Y/N, just give me a chance!"

I stare at a spot on the ground. I'm torn between my friends' opinions of Malfoy, and my own. But they're not here, and they don't need to hear about what they didn't see. So maybe, just maybe. "Fine," I mumble.

His eyes light up and he takes my hand, breaking into a run. "Come on."

I struggle to keep up with him, my legs on fire when we finally stop outside. "What are we doing out here, Draco?" I say, hugging my arms.

The snow just started falling again and the ground is already covered in a thick blanket of snow. The view from the castle is gorgeous, the mountains white and the lake icy.

"I just thought you'd appreciate the view," he grins. "Are you cold? We can go back inside if you want. We can do whatever you want."

I shake my head, letting out a breath. I can see my own breath, which only makes me shiver more. But I don't want to go inside. I do appreciate the view, like Draco said. "No, it's beautiful," I say.

His cheeks are a bright shade of pink. "I'm glad you like it, now come on. Let's go inside, we can get you something warm."

Draco takes my cold hand and leads me back into the castle. Maybe he was right. Maybe he can change for me, he's a totally different person right now. I'm glad I have someone to stay with me over the break, even if it is Draco Malfoy. Because I truly believe that my dreams meant something, and this boy could be the one.