draco malfoy

"I don't want to fight anymore," I cry, sinking into Draco's arms.

He runs his fingers through my hair. "It's almost over, it's almost over," he whispers.

"I can't take it anymore. I'm sick of it. I wasn't born to serve him, and you weren't either. We have a future ahead of us. Just leave with me now, Draco. We can forget every dark moment and start over," I say, searching his eyes.

He's hesitant. Draco doesn't want to start over, he doesn't want to disappoint anyone. "I-I can't." His voice is so small, I feel like I owe him whatever is left of me.

"Put yourself first. What do you want to do? Not your father, not me. Think of yourself right now," I reply, taking his hand in mine.

He pulls me closer, kissing the top of my head. "I want to start over," Draco finally responds.

I take a deep breath. "Then let's leave. We can go anywhere, you name it. We can start over, build a new life, have a family one day. Can you imagine?" I'm getting excited now.

Draco squeezes my hand. "I can imagine a life with you. So let's leave. As long as I have you, you're all I need."

I kiss his cheek, and I take one last look at the castle I've spent so many years at. The memories I've made are part of me, but I'm doing something better. Something better for myself, for my friends, and for the good of witches and wizards all over.

It may be hard at first, but Draco is right beside me, and I love him more than I love anyone.