cedric diggory

"Hermione, I can't figure out my amortentia potion," I say, slumping in my seat.

"I'm sure I can help," Hermione smiles, "if I recognize the scent," she adds.

I take another whiff of the potion, getting the strong scent of vanilla. "I smell vanilla, and maybe butterscotch?" I shrug.

Hermione tilts her head. "Hm, no. I don't know off of memory. But I'm positive I can figure it out by tonight. Definitely not Harry or Ron," she responds.

When we're dismissed I throw my books into my bag and hurry off to my next class.

Walking through the halls, I find myself inhaling deeply as students walk by. All I smell is strong perfume and cologne. Still, not the person I'm attracted to.

I cross the courtyard, my head turned away from the path I was walking in.

Suddenly, I collide with something. Another body. I tumble onto the ground.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry," I mutter, looking up.

I see the one and only Cedric Diggory standing above me.

"No, it was my fault," Cedric replies, extending his hand.

I take it willingly, and he pulled me up with so much ease I stumbled into his chest. Taking a breath, I step back, laughing. "Gosh, I just keep running into you-" I begin. Then I realize I smell vanilla, and the scent that could be butterscotch. It's him.

He laughs, letting my hand go. "No worries," he says easily. "Well, I should get to class. Have a good day, Y/N."

I wave, standing in the same place, watching as he walks away. Cedric is the one I'm so deeply attracted to. I smile to myself, pulling my bag over my shoulder and heading off to my next class.