A Soulmate Who Wasn't Meant To Be

Trigger Warning-Self Harm,Cutting,Suicide

Will-

Nico was supposed to show up here an hour ago!Where is he?Hopefully,he's just sleeping.Since he isn't here yet,I can look for him.I look in his cabin,but he isn't there.I walk out to the sword fighting arena,in hopes of finding my boyfriend.I saw Percy and Jason,deeply engrossed in a conversation about blue sprinkles.But there was no sign of Nico anywhere.I started to worry now,considering the fact that I had found a box of razor blades in the Hades cabin.I thought nothing of it,until I saw his wrists.Gods,he cut himself.

I ran to the strawberry fields,the last place I would look.I searched and scoured everywhere I could,until I remembered where I had found him the first time I met him.Yep I knew it.He was there,I could notice that raven hair anywhere.

"Nico,babe,you scared me!"I rushed towards him,but he didn't react.

"Nico?"I shook him,but he lay still.No,please no.

I turned him over.I wanted to die then and there.His shirt was soaked with blood.His arms were stained with red,his life force was draining.

"Sunshine,I tried,but I couldn't do it anymore.I'm sorry."His voice was barely audible.

"Nico,p-please hold on.I can't lose you.Anyone but you."I was desperate for a miracle.

"S-Sunshine,I love you."Then he didn't speak again.I cried.I cried,holding onto his arms.As I looked at him,I only saw a soulmate who wasn't meant to be.I could have helped him,but I watched him die.I could have done something,but I didn't.It's all my fault.I should've made sure he was fine,but I didn't.He's dead because of me.

Percy had come to find me.He thought we were on a date.I could only wish we were.He then saw Nico.His face fell,tears falling from his eyes.

"I didn't even say goodbye to him."His voice broke.I tried speaking,but no voice would come out.

Soon enough,everyone found out and they were saying sorry and all of that shit.But they didn't know I could've helped him.They didn't know it was my fault he died.I could have helped him.I watched him die.It was the first time he told me he loved me.And the last.I couldn't even tell him I loved him back.I watched as they lay a blood red shroud over his lifeless body,before setting it on fire.I screamed,but my siblings held me back.I just watched helplessly,as my Nico became a memory.

A/N:I'm fucking sorry about this one.I was in tears myself while writing it.