Chapter 19 'The return'

Paradise looked at MysteryEnder in worry, SnowStorm gazed at him too. Paradise suddenly shot down right past them, she didn't want to spread her wings now... she just wanted-

Paradise was pulled from her mind and flared her wings opened, her wings spread open fast enough to slow her fall but she still hit the ground.

Paradise wheezed in agony rubbing her talon palm along her head, she opened her eyes and saw a little scavenger screaming and flailing its arms around. Paradise looked around.

There was a small SkyWing dragonet chasing it and it slammed into Paradise's leg getting knocked out, the SkyWing gazed at the scavenger knocked out next to her talon and nearly screamed.

"Don't worry.." Paradise said but the SkyWing ran off too. She picked up the scavenger, it looked... kindaaaa cute? She flew up with it back to them all and they all stared at it "ooo a-" "its a scavenger and its knocked out.." she corrected Beetle.

Beetle tried to snatch it but Paradise pulled back "bad HiveWing..." she rolled her eyes, she sat the scavenger down "come on we have to save the palace you twig brain!" Paradise laughed.

She dove out to the palace, she could already hear screaming, she beat her wings faster and faster and faster, there was a fire! She yelped her eyes widening, she dove down slanted towards the arena gaining speed.

She spread her wings flying up, "ACKK!!" A SkyWing roared that was on fire, they screamed and screamed. Paradise ran down to help them but when they made contact Paradise was burned by the fire on his scales.

"AAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" He screamed again his scales melting, "GUYS I NEED HELP!" Paradise yelled and she picked him up shoot towards water in pure agony. I cant save them all... her mind wheezed slamming into the water, the SkyWing's eyes widened.

Paradise shoved him out of the water checking his heart beat. His heart beat faster than ever, probably beating faster than Paradise's ever could. He smiled at her and they brushed wings as she flew off.

They next SkyWing she saw she already had realized she had berries that could ignite the fire, she chucked a few more berries at it but it was too late, the fire spread across the whole arena.

There were dead guards everywhere, most of them had bled out but some died quickly. She ran off to get water buckets and when she was back it was to late, time to go into the smoke.

.. .. ..

Paradise dove into the smoke her eyes tearing up, the wet tears helped her but still it was not enough
she kept going deeper, she saw a SkyWing in the middle of some fire and helped him out letting Beetle take the injured SkyWings.

She heard whispers in her ears, they stopped and she continued, Ivory joined in and soon she saw the same SkyWing she saved earlier helping her, he was blushing but it was hard to tell through the smoke.

"That one!" She coughed and he shot at the SkyWing, she coughed up tons of smoke and soon did Paradise. She flared her wings, flying to help
another SkyWing but they didn't move.

Paradise checked her heart, it wasn't beating, Paradise's eyes widened and she lean down next to the dead SkyWing laying a small leaf on his stomach and moved him to a more comfortable pose. "Rest Peacefully..." she said smiling.

She flew off to help the others but there were only 30 survivors out of the 52 who were there, when she got out the SkyWing she saved gazed at her. He blushed at her but Paradise flew back with the group.

He waved goodbye and they were off, they beat their wings flying to the palace where Ruby had brought everyone. The SkyWing flew next to Paradise "did you see a deep greyish yellow SkyWing?" He asked.

"Yes..." "is she still alive?" "N-" Paradise was stopped and the SkyWing gazed at her with tears in his eyes, "she was my... my-" he flew forward toward the same SkyWing dragonet she encountered before. He curled his tail around it and smiled at it.

She realized that was his dragonet... and the SkyWing that died...

Was its mother.......