*EIGHT*

Michael woke up and rolled over, his smile disappearing to find the bed harboring only one man instead of two. He sighed and then froze. He could pick out Calum's distinctive low bass, but that other voice? Michael got up and quickly brushed his teeth and ran his fingers through his messy blonde strands. He threw on a black tank top and black cargo pants. He quickly threw on a silver necklace and put in his favorite cross earring. Michael grabbed a random sweatshirt off the end of his and Calum's bed. He opened the bedroom door as quietly as he could, frowning as the voice became oddly familiar the closer he got to it. Michael tip toed out of the hall and peered into the kitchen. Calum was standing against the sink, cup of coffee in hand, as he listened to the male sitting at their kitchen island. Michael slowly made his way to Calum, shocked at the fact Ashton was in their home at 6:45 in the morning. Michael made his way over to Calum and snuggled into his side, confused.
" He left me! I mean yeah, I freaked out but I've never hurt Luke! Not in a way he didn't like anyway. Or so I thought. It took my five minutes afterwards to realize that when I had grabbed him, I had pulled hair! I had puled a handful of his ..." Ashton pressed a fist to his mouth and failed to fight back tears. Michael detached him self from Calum and moved to sit next to Ashton. He carefully hugged him, not sure if he wanted to be touched. While Ashton didn't hug back, he also didn't push Michael away.
" Do you know where he went?" Calum asked, frowning at Michael.
" Yes, he's with some good friends of ours. But they don't live the lifestyle so I don't know what Luke has told them." Ashton looked up at Calum, wrapping an arm around Michael.
Calum nodded in thought, then drank his last mouthful of coffee. He rinsed his mug and placed it in the dishwasher.Michael glanced at the clock on the microwave and started in surprise. Calum was supposed to be at work! Yet here he stood, in nothing but sweatpants, pulling out pans for eggs, and vegemite for toast.
Michael decided not to question any of it, the conversation he walked into or the fact that Calum must have taken off for the day.  If he had to guess, Ashton and Luke's conversation about what happened in the record store did not go well. Michael got up and started to put plates out, but when he placed one down in front of Ashton, the man shook his head and stood up. It was then Michael saw that Ashton wore a very see through sweater, a very cool see through sweater. Michael blushed, then froze.
" Thanks you guys, but I've overstayed my welcome. Besides, I need to find some peonies. There Lukes favorite, but I don't think they grow this time of year." Ashton chuckled nervously, scratching at the back of his neck.
" Ash,  based on the way he left you, your gonna have to do a lot more than buy hime a bouquet." Calum slid a bowl of scrambled eggs on the table, raising an eyebrow at his dominant friend. Michael grabbed Ashton's hand and tugged him back down into a his seat. The red sweater against Ashton's pale skin was doing something to Michael and he really wished Luke was here.
" Wait, so... What do you suggest?"

********************************************Michael giggled and clapped his hands as Calum lit the last candle

Michael giggled and clapped his hands as Calum lit the last candle. He had slipped into his littlespace while they three men had shopped for cute romantic items for Ashton's and Luke's make up dinner. After eating breakfast, Ashton had gone straight to the grocery store while Calum and Michael had gone to convince Luke to come home so that they could all talk. Then the boys had met up at T.J Maxx and spent an hour or more helping Ashton find everything to make the dinner perfect. It was Saturday night so there was no way to get a reservation anywhere decent. So the boys had laid out a wine red velvet blanket with cute decorative pillows to sit on. The boys had filled a basket with all of Lukes favorite things from Fuzzy socks to hair combs and mascara to couple massage coupons. Ashton hated massages, but if it's what got Luke back he'd get one everyday. Ashton and Calum had gotten every candle the home held and had bought several packages of itty bitty ones and placed them all over the room. They had bought a package of electronic ones to put on the blanket. If one of the men caught on fire during their date, Luke might not feel so keen on continuing the relationship. Michael placed two chocolate double fudge brownies in between two white plates and squealed in delight. Calum looked up from the kitchen, where he was helping  toss a salad as Ashton carefully stirred the previously grilled chicken strips in a pot of alfredo sauce. He nodded and smiled at Michael as the man pointed excitedly at his work, proud of himself. Michael pouted and whined when Calum didn't physically come and see.
" Michael baby, don't you dare! We're helping Ashton apologize to Luke remember?They won't get back together if you throw a fit hmmm?" Calum calmly explained.
Ashton watched the interaction, interested in how this would play out, seeing as he's never known someone in Daddy and little relationship before.
Michael stood and stepped off the blanket. He walked into the kitchen and pulled on Calum's arm. Calum had just been about to pour some salad dressing into a bowel when Michael yanked on his sleeve. The red vinaigrette splashed all over the counter as Michael yelped in shock, having not seen the bottle in his boyfriends hand.
" Michael Clifford!" Calum shouted, as he started to unbutton his shirt.
Ashton laughed, and jumped as the fire alarm went off, screaming it's high pitched warning in urgency. Michael promptly burst into tears,  pointing to the now in flames stove, knowing this was his fault. Ashton dove under the sink and grabbed the fire extinguisher as Calum grabbed Michael and held him back. It only took a minute for Ashton to diffuse the fire, maybe two to dismantle the alarm, but to Michael, it felt like it took all night. He wrenched him self from Calum's grasp lunged at Ashton. Both older boys stood in shock, one morphing into uneasiness, the other anger.
" I thought the fire was gonna gitcha Ashy!" Michael cried, wrapped his arms uncomfortably high on Ashtons thigh.
" Mikey, don't do that!" Calum snapped.
"Calum it's ok, he doesn't under.."
" No, it's not ok! Ever since this morning he's been all over you....."
" oh come in Cal, he's your boyfriends for Christ's sake!"
Michael began to cry again, to far into his littlespace to reassure Calum. He sorta knew what argument was going on but to scared and sad to stop it. He buried his face into Ashtons ribs, wanting to continue to decorate for Luke.
" You know what! Have him, clearly he cares more for you and Luke!"
Michael screamed as Calum walked out, leaving him with a shocked Ashton. Michael lost it flopping on the ground his heart shattering as the front door slammed, the sound announcing that he was alone. Ashton knelt, trying his hardest not to cry as he attempted to calm Michael. He scooped the sobbing boy into his lap looking up into a pair of watery navy eyes. Before Ashton could stop him, Luke ran out of the kitchen and it was Ashton's hearts turn to shatter.
********************************************
𝙸𝚝 𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝙸 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎😬
𝙰𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚑𝚘, 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚑 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚟𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚜! 𝙼𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚊 𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚘𝚗 💕