Chapter 11

Nayeon is shaking in her boots, she knows the animal is friendly but something about its size intimidates her.

"Don't be scared. She's really nice." The instructor encourages her.

Dahyun is on her side rubbing soothing circles on her shoulders. Nayeon is trembling, her skin growing paler by the second as she wills herself to take a step towards the animal.

Mina sees that Nayeon looks really petrified, and she knows the first step is the hardest to take so she goes to her side and squeezes her hand gently in a reassuring gesture. Nayeon is grateful for them because she's not sure she could do this otherwise. She takes a tiny step towards the dolphin.

"Look at them. They're best friends now. "

Dahyun points at Nayeon who's playing with the dolphin which has taken a huge liking to the older girl. Dahyun's eyes soften because she doesn't get to see this childlike carefree side of Nayeon often these days. She turns to her side to see that Mina also has a soft look on her face like she's thinking the same.

Chaeyoung whisks Mina away from the girls for lunch in an expensive restaurant after they get home and change into fancier clothes.

"Chaeyoungah you shouldn't have, this place is really expensive." Mina admonishes affectionately as she glances through the menu.

"Only the best for you Minari." Chaeyoung's voice is open and honest and Mina feels something heavy settle in her chest as she looks at the eyes that are staring at her longingly.

She clears her throat and diverts her gaze back to the menu in hand.

Chaeyoung pays for the food despite her protests, holds the door open for her as they step into the limo she has hired and Mina is pretty sure she is going to ask her out. It makes her nervous, just a little.

As they drive past the bungee jump site, Chaeyoung excitedly points out at a boutique. "That must be where Nayeon bought the dress for you. "

Mina's eyebrows frown in confusion so Chaeyoung explains. "I wanted to do something special for you but my dumbass didn't think about getting you a gift. You know Unnie, she's really smart so she picked it up instead."

Mina smiles at Chaeyoung. "It's the thought that counts. I'm touched you wanted me to have a special day and I did have fun last night."

Chaeyoung gives her an endearing smile completely chuffed with herself.

Tonight is the night she's finally going to ask Mina to be her girlfriend, she decides.

Until Momo crashes her plans again. This time with the help of Tzuyu.

Chaeyoung makes sure that Dahyun, Jeongyeon, Nayeon, Sana and Jihyo are in the home theatre. They've promised to give her the space she needs to execute her plan. Tzuyu and Momo are in the pool. Tzuyu had promised that she's not going to let Momo get drunk.

And Tzuyu sticks to the promise. Everytime Momo grabs a drink, she grabs it from her and finishes it for her.

Chaeyoung lights up the single candle in the living room and sets two plates of food on it. She pours them some rose wine and plays soft music on the speaker.

When Mina walks into the living room because she's hungry, she's surprised that Chaeyoung has already made dinner for them. Chaeyoung, the one who burns kitchens down, has actually managed to make dinner.

"Sana and Nayeon helped me make it. " She admits sheepishly.

"Thank you Chaeyoungah. You've been really sweet to me this trip."

Chaeyoung waves her off with a hand. "Anything for you."

The simple sentiment hits Mina hard. She looks away, biting her lips.

"Oh I forgot to get the sauce. Wait here. I'll go get them."

"I'll go with you." Mina gets up because she doesn't want the younger girl slaving around for her again.

Chaeyoung gives her a wide grin and takes her hand in hers.

When they come back to the living room, Chaeyoung gasps because Tzuyu is sitting on the couch, feeding their food to Momo who is refusing to have it.

"I tried stopping her, but she won't listen." Momo explains, giving Chaeyoung a sympathetic glance.

Chaeyoung wants to cry. How do they always find a way to ruin her moment.

"Hey it's okay." Mina squeezes her hand seeing how upset Chaeyoung looks. "We can make dinner again."

"But I made it for you." Chaeyoung pouts.

Mina throws a fond gaze at a drunk Tzuyu and a sober Momo. She looks back at Chaeyoung dotingly. "It's fine. This time we can make it for us."

That gets a smile from Chaeyoung.