Chapter 60

Tzuyu muffles a yawn behind her hands and announces loudly, "Well, I'm sleepy. I'm going to go to my room."

Momo throws her a confused glance and says, "It's only seven in the evening."

When Tzuyu nudges her side and points to Nayeon and Mina with her eyes, Momo gets the message.

"I'm feeling sleepy too." She declares.

Soon the girls and Mina's mother make excuse one by one and retire to the rooms leaving them alone in the living room.

Mina pulls back from the hug a little, her eyes traveling up the older girl's face.

Nayeon's normally elusive and mysterious dark orbs now shines back at her with an openness that melts her heart. It's the eyes of someone who loves deeply.

"I can't believe you just said you love me." Nayeon's voice is low with astonishment and disbelief.

Mina attempts to hide her face behind her dainty fingers, but makes no move to remove herself from the arms that's wrapped around her, even as her cheeks become a color to rival the pink hue of her nail polish, and shines through the gaps.

Nayeon hangs back, allowing Mina time to compose herself, fighting back another smile that wants to break out. Her heart feels full, swelling and threatening to burst in a colorful explosion of butterflies and love.

"Saranghae." Nayeon whispers, a rosy colour coming to the tip of her own ears because being this open and vulnerable is new to her.

Mina's hand lingers on the straps of Nayeon's suspenders as she wills herself to meet the eyes of the older girl. She finds it extremely hard to do so because her insides feel squishy, her heart is racing and another blush is rushing through her face.

She bites her shaky bottom lips, a subtle smile on her face and a soft gaze in her eyes. "Saranghae." She replies and proceeds to hide her face in Nayeon's chest with a bashfulness and shyness of someone in love.

Nayeon feels the world around her melt away as she continues to hold Mina's frail body close to her, not wanting the moment to end.

"I hear a thunder." Mina mumbles into her chest and lets out a soft contented sigh.

Nayeon pulls back a little, scratches her forehead shyly and looks away for distraction. "It's been beating that way for a while."

Mina shakes her head with a soft smile. "I meant outside."

"Oh." Nayeon stares at a spot near her feet, a stupid blush coating her cheeks.

The sky opens in a heavy downpour, torrents of rain sending a cool breeze into the room.

"Do you?" Nayeon catches Mina's eyes and stops what she's about to say. They quickly look away shyly.

When their eyes meet again, Mina hides her gummy smile behind a hand and laughs, and Nayeon grins back goofily. "Do you want to go to the balcony?" She completes.

"Yeah." Mina nods, feeling demure and coy.

They watch the dimmed city lights amidst the falling rain in silence.

Nayeon turns to look at her side and Mina looks back at her, her brown eyes glimmering like the stars in the sky.

Mina chews on her bottom lip trying to hold a smile back. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She looks away, blushing.

Nayeon shrugs, a dopey smile splitting her face. The grin grows wider when she suddenly remembers something.

"Minaya," Her eyes twinkle as she turns to face the younger girl properly. "You know in the letter, you said you wanted to kiss me." She finishes.

Mina covers her face with both her hands as she flushes brightly and Nayeon chuckles to herself. She is sure if someone could die of happiness, she'd be the first name on that list.

"Nayeon-chan," Mina mumbles through her fingers. "You said that too."

Nayeon pries her fingers away from her face gently. She gazes deeply into the soft brown eyes and cups her cheeks that's slowly turning red again. Nayeon feels her own heart beat so loudly it feels like it's going to explode.

Mina watches with rapt attention as Nayeon's gaze flicker to her lips and she releases a shaky breath.

And then Nayeon is leaning in, pulling her closer by the waist, lowering her face.

Mina locks her hands behind Nayeon's neck, her eyes fluttering shut as their lips finally meet.

Her brain short circuits, sparks fly in every direction, the world around them slowly disappears along with all the worries, troubles and pain they've been through.

Their lips move in perfect sync, and Mina is smiling into the kiss when Nayeon pulls her closer, deeper and more passionately.

When they break apart for air, Nayeon rests her forehead against Mina, whose blonde waves fall around her face, soft against her cheeks.

Mina's chest rises and falls as she draws shaky breaths. She tries to steady herself in the hands that's wrapped around her waist. She looks into the warm eyes before hers that are sparkling, lips curved up into a smile and she can't help but smile back.

"This feels like a dream." Nayeon breathes out.

Mina nods. She is warm against Nayeon's chest, she, Mina Myoui is warm against Im Nayeon's chest. It feels surreal.

"Do you want to make sure we're not dreaming?" Nayeon asks, her eyes zooming in on Mina's lips who inhales sharply.

"How do we do that Nayeon-chan?" Mina whispers, her heart beating in her throat.

"I don't know Minaya, you tell me." Nayeon jokes as she lays a fluttering kiss on Mina's forehead and Mina wonders how it's possible for someone to feel so much happiness.

She shakes her head fondly, grabs Nayeon by her suspenders and pulls the goofy girl into her, clamping her lips around the talkative mouth, making light explode behind their closed eyelids.

"Near, far, wherever you are." Momo holds a hand to her chest and begins to sing.

Tzuyu covers her mouth with a hand and hisses. "Shut up, I'm trying to take a picture here."