Chapter 27

"Get in the car." Jihyo instructs Dahyun who is looking over her shoulder for the other members to join them. "Others are coming in the next car."

Chaeyoung, Mina, Dahyun, Jiyho and Sana hop into the car one by one. It's four in the morning and the weather is cold, brutal and unforgiving and has the girls shivering even under their thick coats. They are thankful for the heating in the car which warms their frozen body.

"I feel like I'm going to get the shittiest costume today." Sana pouts. "I always get terrible costumes on Wednesdays."

Chaeyoung raises a brow at her irrational logic and turns to share a look with Mina who is trying hard to hide a smile.

"You told Nayeonnie that her zodiac meant she has the shittiest luck on Wednesdays." Moma scratches her cheek as her forehead crinkles with confusion.

Dahyun guffaws like Momo has cracked a joke, her loud laugh echoing through the car. "Have you seen her new haircut? She couldn't look bad on any days if she tried."

Mina's eyes are focussed on the cars speeding past them on the street.

Chaeyoung is fighting battles within herself about how she has handled the situation with Nayeon. Her mind fills with images of the older girl, her eyes twinkling with laughter and her teeth glistening as she smiles. She remembers the girl who's always been there for everyone, supporting them through thick and thin.

She suddenly realizes she misses the older girl and wishes Nayeon is around so she can tell  how sorry she is for treating her the way she had.

Chaeyoung blinks away the tears when she recalls how Nayeon has always been there for her in her darkest hours, picking up her pieces and putting them back together when no one even realised that she needed it.

"She has always been beautiful, haircut or not, inside and out." Chaeyoung's tone is melancholic but she plays it off with a shrug of her shoulder and Jihyo nods her head in agreement.

"Mina hasn't seen her haircut though." Momo comments.

"You haven't?" Dahyun gasps with a hand to her chest and looks at the roof of the van dreamily. "You'd have a hard time resisting jumping her, trust me."

"Not everyone is incapable of controlling their hormones." Jihyo smacks her arm playfully.

Dahyun thinks its going to be really hard to control those hormones when the five of them step into the outdoor set after getting their hair, makeup and styling done and her eyes land on Nayeon.

"Oh my god!" She gasps making the other girls look towards where she is looking at.

Mina is busy staring at her own ballerinas.

Nayeon is standing next to Jeongyeon, pointing at the cameras and discussing where the blind spots could be.

She's dressed in a brown shirt that's smooth and tailored to fit her slender frame. The shirt is tucked into a pair of slim beige trousers that are held up by beige suspenders. Brown Desert boots gracefully compliments a light brown coat that trails along the length of her body till her thighs. Her shoulder length straight hair which glistens in the soft morning rays of the sun is parted on the side and combed back gracefully behind her ears. Her dark unreadable eyes shines with intensity and her inviting red lips are curved in a pout as she listens to Jeongyeon.

"Damn." Chaeyoung exclaims, because even she can feel her heart flutter at the vision before her.

"She looks.." Momo stutters and stops. She has no words to describe just how magnificent Nayeon looks now. "I think I need a glass of cold water."

She walks away and Jihyo wants to stop her because its cold and doesn't want Momo to get sick, but even she feels the need to fan herself as she looks at Nayeon. "Wait, I'll go with you."

Dahyun stands and gapes. She is not willing to turn her eyes away from the view before her. She settles on staring and swooning.

Chaeyoung glimpses at Mina who is awfully quiet and seems to be the only one not affected by Nayeon looking like a goddess in suspenders and vintage attire.

"You have an amazing will power not to react to that." Chaeyoung points at Nayeon, bumps her shoulder and chuckles.

"Some people find character attractive, not appearance." Mina dismisses her and Chaeyoung feels slightly guilty because its because of her Mina is upset with Nayeon.

She touches Mina's shoulder and tries to catch her eyes. "Mina, it was actually me-"

Mina stops her. "Chaeyoungah, I don't want to talk about this. Please?"

The wounded eyes is what convinces Chaeyoung not to push the conversation. Mina is delicate as a flower and it doesn't take a lot to break her, Chaeyoung isn't willing to be the person that sends her over the edge.